Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought new rear speakers...good deal or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought new rear speakers...good deal or not?

Well, Wassup yall!? I just bought a few things from afriend of mine online...I was wondering if I got a good deal or not, letm me post the pics of what all it is

first the rear speakers

Kenwood USA Product - 5-1-4 2-Way Speaker - KFC-1379ie
    Attached Files

The speaker grills
    Attached Files

Comment

The speaker grills

some speaker wire

and a headphone splitter, wanted one for soo long

and I paid only 56.00 for all of this

Comment

Originally posted by protegechris

and I paid only 56.00 for all of this

well, i'm not a big fan of kenwood speakers, amps, and subs, but with all that you got, it was a great deal i couldn't get the pic links to work, but the speakers by themselves go for $70

Comment

chris, realize that a 6 1/2 inch speaker WILL fit into your rear deck..and you DON'T have to worry about mounting depth. if i were you, i would try seeing if they'd fit in the front doors. i don't know specifically how you're planning to seat the speakers in in the front, but the maximum mounting depth is 1 7/8ths inches. if this is not your intention, i'd advise you to try to find a 6 1/2 inch speaker. not only will the bass response be better, but you'll get fuller sound out of a set of 6 1/2". as far as mounting, just lift the rear dash panel out (haynes manual should spell this out or just follow my 'rough instructions) by popping in the center of the 2 fasteners on the rear brake light, pulling them out, pulling off the cover, unbolting the top of the rear brake light (may have to pull out the bulb), then with the rear seats down, sit on top and stick your hands underneath either side of a fastener at a time and carefully lifting up. this will completely leave the back dash panel for easy removal. remember as you pull it out, there are some clips in the back you may drop or have to find.. these are essential in reinserting your dash panel. then, just unscrew your back speakers out, lay the new ones in, mark the screw holes and drill away. not sure what diameter bit you need, but should be self explainitory. use the mounting screws included with the speakers and install them into the holes you drilled. then as far as the stock harnesses, just cut the plastic harness out and strip the wires about a 1/4 inch and tie them into the wires that came with the speakers. yeah, thats a rough how-to, but i hope it helps good luck bro. by the way, the method i listed negates the need for the grilles and allows a better mounting option by allowing you to tap the screws directly into sheetmetal and not the carboard like back dash panel we are so blessed with. by doing it this way, you also make it LOOK stock, when it's actually aftermarket .
          peace
          Last edited by Guest; 01-01-2004, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by demoninvictus
            i'd advise you to try to find a 6 1/2 inch speaker.
            Don't you mean 6x9"?

Comment

5 1/4 was the standard fitment on the rear deck of the 90 to 94 protege.. 6x9's require metal cutting something many have done, something i haven't been brave enough nore wanted enough to do myself. it's straight forward, but would be excellent to do if i do actually negate the need for a rear deck piece with some carpeting.. one of my future plans anyway. good luck chris
              peace

Comment

I see..

Comment

Working...
                X