broken exterior piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broken exterior piece

This is the plastic exterior A-pilar piece, which is broken at the top. Water always drips into my car, and its ugly with it broken. My question is, how do I remove it, and should I just grab one from a junkyard?
    Thanks
    Last edited by doublescore; 01-01-2004, 08:52 PM.
    in need of a drop, and a BP.

this is one 323, you dont wanna mess with

heres a pic
    Attached Files

Comment

You can try to pull one off at the local junkyard but I don't know how much luck you are going to have in finding that color. If it is the same color as my car (harbor blue metallic), chances are it's gonna take a while to locate that part in the same color.
      1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
      MODS:
      GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
      TO DO LIST:
      EDM/JDM rear bumper
      EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
      Repaint car

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedPro
        You can try to pull one off at the local junkyard but I don't know how much luck you are going to have in finding that color. If it is the same color as my car (harbor blue metallic), chances are it's gonna take a while to locate that part in the same color.
        i dont know about proteges but ALL 323's have this A-pilar in black, so finding it is the least of my worries. Trouble is, I want to know how to remove it.

Comment

Its easy. Mine broke there too. I got some new ones.

To remove-
          there is a screw in the top inside of the trim piece look for it. use a phillips screw driver to remove it.

Next use both hands and slide the entire piece upward toward the roof and it will slid off of the 6 or 7 clips.

get the new one and do the reverse to put it on.

This piece missing should not be a source of water leaking though. Try replacing it and if the leak occurs I would check the seal behind the plastic trim piece to see if it is leaking. I went through several rain storms with it missing and no water ever got in my car. I might have been lucky or it could be a leaky gasket. Either way you might try some silicone whiles its off just to be safe.

Good luck and let us know if there are any problems.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Upon looking at the pic it looks like the top screw is missing (the one that you remove to take off the plastic piece)

All you should have to do is slide the trim piece upward 3 or 4 inches then it should lift right off.

Remember when you get the new piece from the Junk Yard to take the screw with it just incase you dont have the one that goes in the piece that is missing from the trim.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

great, thanks for the help, I could see a screw, but wasnt sure how to remove it at the bottom. Ill let you know how it works out.

Comment

If you don't find one at the junkyard, let me know. I will take mine off my 94 Protege(if it fits your car) and give it to you for free. All you have to do is send me US$5 for shipping.

Comment

I went to the autowrecker yesterday, and got one for each side, as I found the other one to be broken someway or another aswell. At the junkyard I took one off and broek it , then grabbed another and found it to be already broken,. Luckily I found 2 good ones. It hasnt rained, or snowed yet so I dont konw of its the source of my leak, but I think it should fix it.

Comment

Working...
                  X