Rice's Epic 323 worklog........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rice's Epic 323 worklog........

All this zoom zoom has to slow down or it will go boom boom so I made a few upgrades.
    ATE super blue, speedbleeders, KVR pads from Chris, Goodridge SS lines

During the process, I replaced both front calipers, the both master cylinders, clutch ss line, slave cylinder, and a couple hard lines

No pics of ^^^ parts replaced

Magnetic drain plug from chris

The cam seals were leaking pretty badly, so I replaced them and decided to leave the timing covers off.

Before and after door speakers. The previous owner cut the speaker grill holes way too big.

Waiting to be installed:
    MSP Latest revision

Got rid of the Forge POS BOV and stock GTX bypass

New radiator, It needs the lower return spout fabbed. Right now it is about 2" from the DP and will not work

Waiting to be installed:

Also will use a gates timing belt when I go to install the water pump

Retrofitted to a 98 ES cd player

The vents I took out...

Working on something. The megasquirt I think

KVR pads F&R

Didn't use the fluid

The HKS SSQV BOV flange before paint.

I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

I got the diff welded this week. The next to hardest part of this whole project is finding time.
    Pics to come of course.

Also today I decided to get off my ass and fix the leaky oil pan.
    I knew it was leaking in the right front corner. Once I took off the oil pan it wasn't aparent that it was leaking unless it was getting around the crescent seal. I took off the MBSP and found the "gasket" saturated with oil. It was getting inbetween the MBSP and block and running down a bolt. After a healthy bead of OEM mazda sealant inside the bolt holes on the mbsp and oil pan, she is all back together. I went ahead and changed the oil filter so I would be ready for another 2800 miles.
    I also took off a old stock VJ20 support bracket. I have no use for it. Maybe someone will need it one day.
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

So after having the 94+ mx3 seats for all of 1 month I found some leather mx3 seats in great condition.
      Without further adu let the pics speak for themselves.

Dirty

One clean one untouched:

After i use my extensive detailing skills:

Before and after:

Since these were 94- seats with auto belts the lab belt receivers were different. I opted to use the 94+ as it was smaller and less ugly (also cleaner)
      when doing this you need to trim the little tab off the back.

**** is so cash

Also fixed the radio. No more launching and it slide out.
      Also finally put the kickwells in the inside under the dash
      Last edited by wheresthericego; 10-05-2010, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Since i'm using megasquirt I do not have idle compensation for the ac being on and the engine bogs down to ~500 rpm. If I would pop off a vacuum line she would idle at a perfect ~700. I came up with an idea to use a vics solenoid and a check (read: one way) valve to create a vacuum leak when the ac is on. The check valve is used so it does not become a boost leak. In theory it worked, but once I hooked everything together I think the solenoid, check valve and little black filter were too restrictive and do not allow enough airflow. I need to think of some way to adjust the iac when the ac is on.

I pic everything.

The vics would have not worked properly if this end was not capped. So I soldered it to get a no leak seal.

^^^^^ fail

Comment

We had a large amount of rain last week woth hurricane/tropical storm Hannah. When I went out to my car I had a horrible surprise. I had almost 2 inches of water in the rear passenger floorboard.

Today I ordered new weatherstripping for both doors $120

Also I installed the mx3 lower forward center console. Note this is not a direct swap to the protege/323 dash. You will need to cut away part of the protege dash and will not be able to go back to the stock without getting a new dash.

I need to adjust this part. The fitment isnt exact and needs to have a return notched and it will fit properly.

The main reason I went with this swap is the single din radio slot. Now the radio fits perfectly no problems with the mount or falling out.

Comment

Ordered, new weatherstripping for the doors yesterday.
            Also hoping to get Skuce's manifold sometime in the near future.

Comment

Is there a write up on doing that mx3 center console swap? What exactly did you need to cut, mod, fab?
              http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...e-eda6ab70c99a

Looking for local enthusiast's to help me out, with some Mazda mods, im new to the mazda scene and im not used to it, Im an ex-honda guy! lol My car needs some tunning and checkup.

Comment

Interesting, that's the same sort of solution the Miata guys came up with for the idle drop with the A/C on, only I believe they used the purge valve...

Check this thread, it might help you out a bit:

MEGAsquirt - The Great A/C FAQ - Ok, I've been promising it to various people for a while, and I've finally gotten off my ass and decided to write this up proper. This FAQ describes how to make your A/C work with a standalone Megasquirt configuration. I should also note that all of this is 100% untested. I don't even...
                sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

What needs to be done?
                  This is reference for me. The list is been getting long...
                  Infini corner install
                  EDM garnish
                  finalize engine to dash harness and install
                  delete stock hotstart shi
                  Pull motor
                  timing belt
                  waterpump
                  oil pump
                  finish installing interior pieces
                  calibrate wideband
                  disty new seal
                  mount wideband controller
                  fix passenger door weather strip
                  new vc gasket
                  install skuces manifold
                  radiator fab
                  kia transmission LSD 626 gear swap
                  oil return
                  synapse BOV
                  PAINT

Comment

Originally posted by 92lxomar View Post
                    Is there a write up on doing that mx3 center console swap? What exactly did you need to cut, mod, fab?
                    as far as i know you have to cut nothing it all bolts in place of the old suff just get all the lower dash and center console parts

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego
                      disty new seal
                      Still? I thought I was the slacker lol
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

didn't you pick up another front bumper or some sorts too? im just tryin to make your list longer haha. trust me, mines still longer than yours

JACK.
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Finshed my DX harness today. I deleted about half or more from stuff that I don't need.
                          Anything diagnostic, ECU plugs, TPS, IAC, disty, injectors, neutral switch, FPR solenoid and some wierd ground things were rewired for simplicity.
                          I burnt the **** out of my finger soldering left handed

Comment

Well done! Love to see a clean harness.

Comment

Nice. Keep it simple, just the basics.
                              Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Working...
                              X