pics of my kick pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics of my kick pods

i finally got around to uploading the pics of the kick pods i made for my type R components

they sound awesome, but the drivers one is too damn big thank god i've got an automatic, but it's still a PITA to get my left leg comfortable. i'll be making new ones eventually

sweeeeeeeeeet
    <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
    AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

yay type R's :-D

Comment

very nice kicks blue, why did you decide on black panels though??? also, how is the 8's in the door coming along? you need to be online more
        '02 classic red p5
        currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
          very nice kicks blue, why did you decide on black panels though??? also, how is the 8's in the door coming along? you need to be online more

i'm online between the times things are drying, or just when i need a break i just covered them with the black fabric i had cause it was easy, and the weather wasn't cooperating enough to paint them i wanted to use some hammer finish paint on them, but it was too cold and windy, and my shed is too dusty and eventually my interior will be black and silver the 8's are coming along nicely. i haven't spent much time on them yet, as i've been building sub boxes. i have the basic shape of them done, and they are going to be big probably too big. oh well, it'll sound good

Comment

hey blue, very nice! and they're made of fiberglass right? post pics with them in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
              hey blue, very nice! and they're made of fiberglass right? post pics with them in the car.

yep, fiberglass the bottom pic is the passenger side in the car

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                the bottom pic is the passenger side in the car
                doh! I didn't realise that. it's a close-up though don't you have a "wide-angle" pic?

Comment

doh! I didn't realise that. it's a close-up though don't you have a "wide-angle" pic?

damn, do you know how lazy i am?

Comment

oh... while you're at it...
                    feel like taking a pic of your rear dash?
                    you keep mentioning that taking it out will eliminate 99% of the rattle... do you just have a big gaping hole in the back of your car, now?
                    lemme see!
                    :grin:

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                    RB springs
                    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                    MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                      damn, do you know how lazy i am?
                      I didn't think laziness was tolerated in the army. That's what I keep telling my brother because he wants to go there and I don't think they'll tolerate his lazy ass.

Comment

I didn't think laziness was tolerated in the army. That's what I keep telling my brother because he wants to go there and I don't think they'll tolerate his lazy ass.

****, the army teaches you how to sham, the art of not working, and not getting in trouble for it they don't tolerate laziness during basic training, after that, anything goes

here's what the 8's in my doors are looking like:

if i could do this all over again, which i might, i'd use a much more shallow 8, with not nearly as big of a magnet. i wanted to use the TB's since they've got some ballz behind them and are capable of low bass reproduction. but for a dedicated mid-bass, the phoenix gold Ti 9m elite:

Comment

awesome! the kickpods look good, but again.. why are we using kickpods? is it just to sort of equalize the distance between your ears and the speakers on each side? or does it sound better compared to when they're mounted in the stock positions.

btw, those 8's look BIG. it's almost hard to believe that it will hold up to their weight and the vibrations they'll create.

Comment

yep, they get the distances closer to the same, so the sound reaches your ears at the same time. and the enhanced imaging from kick pods will move the sound stage forward and out a little. when done well, it makes it sound like you've got a speaker just forward of where the side view mirrors are.

Comment

what are you gone use to screw down the panel to the door? i mean with the extra weight of the driver and amp?
                              '02 classic red p5
                              currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Working...
                              X