Hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatch

I always thought that Subaru should make a new hatch. I also think they should make RWD. At least you can build a RWD Subaru without to much hassle. The hood looks very long I suppose I could have cut it back some. If you like them I made a few others and some that are half done.

Just an Aspire that I cut down for fun.
    Quote from eBay
    "with no knowlege of cars.he,armed only with the skills of an 18th century blacksmith,removed the front axles and wheel bearings,damaging both in the process"

I'm impressed... no visible seams or anything. Wanna teach me how to do that?

Comment

Nice works, I like the first one best...

They look like zip zaps
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
        I'm impressed... no visible seams or anything. Wanna teach me how to do that?
        Thanks. I don't think it was a very good job. I just wanted to see what it would look like. You can see on the silver that the rear was basically just painted on. It had a very dark shadow on it in the original. It made it hard to work with. I should have gone a little lighter. The color match is bad. The black has the rear door handle. I didn't forget I just didn't feel like messing with it. The Aspire has tons of probelms like the truck in the background you can see it though the window. I basically made half the truck from cuts of the original. The field was also made from cuts and clones to fill in the empty space. The side with the graphic almost match right but it took some screwing around with clone. The rear roof line was dropped to match the hatch slope.

Sure I can teach you.
        I like to have a 2 of the same picture up while I'm working. So that I can use the other for cutting.
        Original
        When picking a picture try to make it so you bring objects towards yourself. If you push them away you will have to resize them. I fyou want I can go into how the brain works and the reasons we see 3d in 2d objects. I think I’ll leave that out for now.

Step 1
        Moving the back half forward. Just a big cut doesn't really matter just cut a big chunk.

Step 2
        Fixing the door with a cut from our "duplicate copy" open in the background.

Step 3
        Moving the rear to match up with the slope of the rear window. Don't worry about the fact that you just covered up the door you just brought in. It will be fixed in a second.

Step 4
        Now you see why you didn't have to worry. You use an erase to uncover the door “duplicate.“ This way you get the complex rear fender. Just kind of out line the fender and then take out the rest.

Step 5
        Now that we have moved everything over it is not balanced. Even if we did fill in with concrete the left side out have more "weight." So what we do is just move the text over.

Step 6
        We do the erase again on the sig and crop everything in.

Step 7
        Just a big cut from our "duplicate" of the whole top. To fill in the gap.

Step 8
        Take big chucks it makes work easy. If you have to you can cut them down or erase parts of them like I did here with the roof.

Step 9
        Again another cut from the "duplicate"

Step 10
        Move it into place and do the erase again.

See not to hard. You can finish the rest. Delete the wing then some clones of the concrete to fill in the gaps. The window, roof and the rear need the lines cleaned up. You have to add a gap for the door which might be tricky. Try using clone and rotate.

Look at it now I see that I could have changed a few things. Maybe made a few cut longer to hide things.
        Quote from eBay
        "with no knowlege of cars.he,armed only with the skills of an 18th century blacksmith,removed the front axles and wheel bearings,damaging both in the process"

Comment

nice chop job

Comment

Originally posted by Eccentric
            ...The black has the rear door handle. I didn't forget I just didn't feel like messing with it....
            Okay I was being made fun of for being lazy about the black WRX so I fixed it took me about 1min.

Now the peanut gallery is telling me to move the rear wheel back so it doesn't look goofy.
            Last edited by Eccentric; 01-01-2004, 08:29 PM.
            Quote from eBay

Comment

That looks so much better. I think you're onto something there...maybe a little sawzall action is in order with the forrester :p:

Comment

Originally posted by pup
                That looks so much better. I think you're onto something there...maybe a little sawzall action is in order with the forrester :p:
                I think your P5 could be a little smaller pup.
                Quote from eBay

Comment

Originally posted by Eccentric
                  I think your P5 could be a little smaller pup.
                  Something like this maybe.

Peanut gallery didn't like the rear window.
                  Last edited by Eccentric; 01-01-2004, 09:21 PM.
                  Quote from eBay

Comment

LOL!!!

What did you do to my car?!?!?!
                    Looks really good though, if you're into the whole Mazda Festégé type thing

Comment

Originally posted by pup
                      LOL!!!

What did you do to my car?!?!?!
                      Looks really good though, if you're into the whole Mazda Festégé type thing
                      LOL

Comment

HOLY CRAP!!! Thats awesome! Do a two door protege! *cough* mine
                        My OLD Car

Comment

Originally posted by icynelly
                          HOLY CRAP!!! Thats awesome! Do a two door protege! *cough* mine
                          Those pictures on Cardomain are to close up take a side shot and I'll do yours. How do you want the 2door version? Do you want a SWB or regular wheelbase with longer doors.
                          Something like this maybe? Well I might make the roof cleaner.
                          Quote from eBay

Comment

that looks good

Comment

Working...
                            X