16k rpms stock RSX 33imgs@24kb ea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16k rpms stock RSX 33imgs@24kb ea

I don't know if this was ever posted here. It has been around but I thought I would bring it up for anyone that hasn't seen it.

It was a down shift gone very very wrong. He was in 5th @ =~ 7000rpms and was going to go to 4th but ended up grabing 2nd. I guess it doesn't have a lockout. If you look up the gear ratio for the RSX (7000rpms/.94)7446.8*2.13=~15861.7rpms.

Quote from eBay
    "with no knowlege of cars.he,armed only with the skills of an 18th century blacksmith,removed the front axles and wheel bearings,damaging both in the process"

Quote from eBay
    "with no knowlege of cars.he,armed only with the skills of an 18th century blacksmith,removed the front axles and wheel bearings,damaging both in the process"

Comment

Quote from eBay

Comment

Quote from eBay

Comment

haha, whoops...

Celica GT-S's 2zzge is known for over-rev popping, but this is the first time I've seen a K20 blow up, at least with pictures. My friend was going to put one in a Sylva Phoenix (seven clone with a sports car body), but has now decided bike power is for him.
          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
          -93 MR2, 129 ES
          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

oh man! i wonder what sound it produced
            One day you are born,
            The next big milestone
            you discover go zoom-zoom
            you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

You need the text that goes with it.

The guy was being an ass and redlining it through each gear, to show off to his freind how awsome his new car was.
              Then 5th to second and all that sort of bad stuff happened.

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover
                You need the text that goes with it.

The guy was being an ass and redlining it through each gear, to show off to his freind how awsome his new car was.
                Then 5th to second and all that sort of bad stuff happened.
                Okay I'm not going to go though all my pictures and organize them to work with the text. But here is the text from the origianl post. If you want to look for it it was on the 2GNT forum.

A couple of weeks ago, I was cruisin with my friend on a Sunday in his RSX-S. His only mods are: intake, exhaust, and a Hondata Flash. Well, he decides to drop the hammer and show me what his car has. He started redlining every gear. He was at about 7k RPMs in 5th, and for whatever reason, he decides to downshift into 4th. The gear box on a RSX-S is real close together and it's a 6 speed. So, instead of shifting to 4th, he accidentally shifted into 2nd gear right around 7k RPMs. All of a sudden, we hear a "boom" and it started to stink real bad. Right after that, we heard the chunks of the block falling out from underneith the car and hitting the chassis. The smoke got so bad we couldn't see infront of us, so he slammed on the brakes and pulled to the shoulder. We jump out of the car to realize his motor was on fire. Needless to say, we put the fire out before the fire truck came, and got a friend to pull us back home.
                Warning: The pics are huge. I'm too lazy to resize all of them.
                pic of his car a couple days before the damage...
                The night of the misshift...
                the trail of oil
                parts of the block we found along the road
                once we got it back home, we only could find this hole in the oil pan and one other small one.
                We thought those were the only holes. That was BEFORE we took the motor out. Boy were we wrong...:hs:
                Still coming out.
                Underneeth the car pic. It's the oil pan. We thought it was one of the worse parts.
                Still coming out.
                Another hole
                A hole in the front
                A hole in the back
                believe it or not, these used to be pistons.
                Only 1 piston and rod combination survived
                A valve we found in the oil pan.
                Quote from eBay

Comment

Damn that would suck... he probably has to pay for it himself too. Oh well, serves him right I guess.

Comment

Yea that's just no good.... Those are nice engines, too
                    Dan
                    dreesemonkey

Comment

Hahahahahahah

Comment

Ouch. i did something similar in my '00 Celica. bottom of 5th, looking for 3rd, hit 1st. didn't break the block but pistons were wedged into the head and it had valve soup. It took a month and a half to get my car back from Toyota.

Comment

I saw that over a year ago ...
                          Yeah supposedly the 4th and 2nd gears in a RSX are really close making it really easy to miss a gear like this guy did ...
                          Sucks but yea it can happen.
                          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

There should be a law which prohibits such retards from even thingking about cars, let alone come near and drive one.
                            "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Working...
                            X