Water spots on windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water spots on windows

Is there a polish out there that gets those damn water spots off windows? Glass cleaner isn't working and its expensive to order new ones
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

rain-x? lemon juice? I've found glass cleaner doesn't work that well.
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

shouldn't use normal window cleaner as it has ammonia.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

i have seen (can't remember the name) of a white powder compound that you mix with water and buff with it and it will take off hard water spots. takes awhile to do, but will take them off.
        Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

belive it or not someone told me ketcup and it kinda worked too !

Comment

The funny part is you actually tried it.

Comment

lol..Have you just tried soapy water..I havent used glass cleaner in forever.
              This is lolZz

Comment

you could try CLR. its meant for hard water spots on showers, tubs, coffee carafes, etc. why not try it on your windows. from now on, try drying your windows before the water spots get stupid.
                sigpic

Comment

ahaha dry ur car better instead of wash and 50mph air dry
                  I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                  |.....Overnight....................| ||
                  |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                  |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                  "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                  Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

*sigh* I have no other water spots on any part of the paint so obviously I'm drying it right. These were on the windows as far back as I can remember.
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

the detail shop at work uses hydrofluoric acid and steel wool, then remove the residue with regular glass cleaner. it works like magic. i removed the 14 years of water spots on my windows with it. you just have to wear gloves and tape off all of the trim surrounding the window. they also use it on the really bad water spots on paint that have been there a long time. you just use a microfiber cloth and clean it off with some body shine and do small areas at a time. also, you have to make sure the car is nice and cool and it's not hot outside or else it just dries up and evaporates so fast it doesn't work.

there's also some non toxic stuff they have. it's like thin green toothpaste and works good too. i think it's called like bio chem or bio clean or something. it just takes a lot more time and a lot more effort to clean the residue off, but other than that it works almost as good.
                      Last edited by me19875; 09-25-2008, 09:35 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Coca Cola will remove water spots. Wipe it on with a cotton cloth (an old t shirt) before you wash and dry the windows when you're finished. That's what I did.
                        miss my '93 LX at every corner
                        photo album
                        Catch me on Facebook

Comment

I have hard water here in Cali. Over the last year of washing my speed3, i have used window wipes. windex and so on. always had water spots. Happy with the clay and wax. but my windows always killed it.

Mequires has a window cleaner thats designed to clean even the heavist smokers windows of tar.
                          I decided to try it. NEver had windows so clean before. WE also have hard water and always have spots on the cars from sprinklers. Just use the terry or micro fiber cloth, plus i clayed the windows also.
                          PLus i have heard of guys polishing or using the buiffer and buffing the windows and waxing them or just straight polish and easier to clean next time!

Comment

be mindful of your paint... coca-cola can eat it believe it or not.

CLR? I wouldn't get that near my car.

I've found a just applying rain-x does the trick.
                            95 ES
                            05 S60R

Comment

Try good old vinegar, works wonders. Polish it off with an old newspaper.

Pat.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X