Fast Idle Valve - Megasquirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast Idle Valve - Megasquirt

I just need some clarification on the F-IDLE and megasquirt2 V3 Board.

Our cars use a fast idle valve or PWM, NOT a stepper motor correct? I am reading the megamanual and it sounds like Ford used the F-idle.

With megasquirt do I even need to hook up the Fast idle valve since its just used for cold starts and hard starting conditions? Is this something I can just add later on?

Logan

Our cars used a PWM valve. The car will run just fine without it - might be a little harder to start in the cold, but overall not a big problem.

Comment

Thanks as always Alex. I think I will add it on later, but for now I don't have to worry so tats good.

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
        Thanks as always Alex. I think I will add it on later, but for now I don't have to worry so tats good.
        Just so you know, in order to run it you need to add another transistor to the MS box itself. It comes in a small kit DIYAutotune sells. I've ran without it for a year before installing it.

Comment

Hi Lex,
          i did the TIP122 swap to my MS1 v3 - but i can't get the car to idle under 2500 rpm with the f-idle valve plugged. If i unplug its goin to idle @ 800 - 900. I think i didn't find the working parameters - could you please give me a startingpoint ?

My car is a EDM BG8 GTX (VJ-21)
          Last edited by Roadrunner163; 03-12-2010, 10:44 AM.

Comment

If you don't plan on running closed loop idle and live in a warm weather, you could live without it. As Lex said, you have to slightly mod your MS and then just hook it up to the valve and configure it. I'm running MS2E with closed loop idle, works fine, helps alot with cold starts and regulates idle under different load conditions (headlamps, blower, defrost etc etc)

^ Unplug the IAC and set the idle to 1200 rpm with the screw. Plug it back in and adjust your duty cycle. You should be roughly around 30% duty cycle.
            Last edited by 323driver; 03-16-2010, 03:39 PM.

Comment

..and the configuration is my problem. I couldn't find the right frequence - I think. Maybe it could be an error in my MS mod - but I think I've done it right (TIP 122 Mod).
              Last winter we had -25°C somedays - at summer it goes up to 40°C. Closed loop is recomned because its my one and only dayly driver.

Comment

Set the highest frequency available. In my MS2, I believe it's set to the max which is 8x 56 = 450. It works ok. You can't control the valve below 30% pw and above 70% pw so at idle, you should be around 35%.

How do you know it's frequency related? You don't have any control of it?

Comment

PM me your e-mail address and I will get you the BP specific settings tonight.

Comment

@323driver
                    Because the "BOOK" said: Pin 2W /Idlevalve/ ign. on around 7 Volt /at idle around 9 Volt

@ Lex Thankyou and PM'd

Comment

The voltage is not a a function of frequency but of PW... but it could be a bad valve as well. Anyways, I can't really give you more details since you use MS1.

Comment

Working...
                      X