In the market!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the market!

So, I've been convinced that if I'm going to replace my car, I should buy a new car (like 0 miles on it type new). Clearly, I'm into protege's, so the newest "protege" would be a 3! And I want one damnit....anyways.

I know the basics as far as they MSRP for around 15k, have a decently high rating overall and all that jazz, however:

Does anyone know how hard it is to swap the OEM stereo? Speakers? (I imagine the speakers would still be easy). I searched and found a swap to a 6cd changer, but I don't need that; just a good head that has sub-outs. (God I'm already thinking of taking a box cutter to the car to run wires under carpeting and stuff..)

I plan on getting the I sport trim, so anyone have any warnings, suggestions, complaints?! (aside from the fact that the i sport comes with hubs...I hate hubs)
    1993 Mazda Protege DX: RIP (1993-2007)
    1991 Mazda Protege DX: RIP (1991-2009)
    1994 Mazda Protege DX: Alive (1994- )

don't get a new car.

bad investments are bad.

but if you NEED to have a nice new car get a hyundai genesis

****s so cash.

the 3 hasnt impressed me. id rather have a p5 than one.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

f@ck payments!
      GOD INVENTED TURBO LAG TO GIVE THE V8 A CHANCE!!!!!
      AND
      THE DEVIL INVENTED THE ''ANTILAG'' TO SHOW THEM NO MERSEY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
        don't get a new car.

bad investments are bad.

but if you NEED to have a nice new car get a hyundai genesis

****s so cash.

the 3 hasnt impressed me. id rather have a p5 than one.
        So instead of getting a known reliable car with good MPG for 15k, I should get a relatively new luxury car with ass MPG for twice as much?

@ghost: That doesn't really help =/

Comment

If your gettin a New car, just get it with an upgraded stereo. If they have an option for a woofer, then get that. Upgrading current woofers amps and whatnot is easy. My bro has an 07 3 and its sound is decent stock non factory upgrade. Its incorporated into the dash as well. If you want to get a aftermarket head, you'll have to swap out a bunch of stuff and it could look like crap.
          sigpic

Comment

If I bought a 3, i'd get the MS3 and be done with it.
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
            |.....Overnight....................| ||
            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by Syntax View Post
              So instead of getting a known reliable car with good MPG for 15k, I should get a relatively new luxury car with ass MPG for twice as much?

@ghost: That doesn't really help =/
              if you want a 3 get a used 3.

if you want a shiney new car get something that is new to the market and not a fleet car.
              Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
              Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by Squeekster1 View Post
                If your gettin a New car, just get it with an upgraded stereo. If they have an option for a woofer, then get that. Upgrading current woofers amps and whatnot is easy. My bro has an 07 3 and its sound is decent stock non factory upgrade. Its incorporated into the dash as well. If you want to get a aftermarket head, you'll have to swap out a bunch of stuff and it could look like crap.
                Yeah Corksport seems to have a kit for silver/black swaps; it does look like it'd be spacey/messy. I've already got some CrossFire subs and Fosgate amp to use; don't think a dealership can one up those. (and if they can...holy****)

@kitty: I figured a used 3 would be best; any suggestions on the new to the market that won't leave me making payments for 12 years?

Comment

at 38k out the door[cash down of 2k is the min you should put down on a car]for the mid grade modle with the big engine at a 6-7 percent intrest rate would make payments like 600 a month over a 6 year loan. keeping in mind it has a 10 year powertrain wrrt.

its rare for a newer car to excite me honestly and the genesis does.

the only other 'new' car that looks decent

the CTS-V looks nice but is higer end than the hyundai and probably not as durable.

honda is still fail right now

the tsx is redisned this year i think.

toyota is still boring as hell

new fastback version of the solsice would be another good under 30k car.but the fit in finish does scream pontiac,still its better than the sky.

the railart lancer is actualy a decent car now and the wrx is really good this year. both under 30k.
                  Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
                    at 38k out the door[cash down of 2k is the min you should put down on a car]for the mid grade modle with the big engine at a 6-7 percent intrest rate would make payments like 600 a month over a 6 year loan. keeping in mind it has a 10 year powertrain wrrt.

its rare for a newer car to excite me honestly and the genesis does.

the only other 'new' car that looks decent

the CTS-V looks nice but is higer end than the hyundai and probably not as durable.

honda is still fail right now

the tsx is redisned this year i think.

toyota is still boring as hell

new fastback version of the solsice would be another good under 30k car.but the fit in finish does scream pontiac,still its better than the sky.

the railart lancer is actualy a decent car now and the wrx is really good this year. both under 30k.
                    the geneses is a hot car, i drove one recently being that i am a hyundai salesman.
                    2002 protege ES/ header/2.5" exhaust/ CAI/ mazda speed cams(FROM JDM protege)/tein lowering springs/AWR 95 durameter motor mounts/B&M short shifter/ revised mazdaspeed limited slip differential/ exedy clutch/ fidenza light weight flywheel/ tokico struts/awr adjustable sway bar endlinks/stock wheels painted black W:riken raptor tires.

Comment

Working...
                    X