PDA

View Full Version : In the market!

Syntax
10-04-2008, 03:23 PM
So, I've been convinced that if I'm going to replace my car, I should buy a new car (like 0 miles on it type new). Clearly, I'm into protege's, so the newest "protege" would be a 3! And I want one damnit....anyways.

I know the basics as far as they MSRP for around 15k, have a decently high rating overall and all that jazz, however:

Does anyone know how hard it is to swap the OEM stereo? Speakers? (I imagine the speakers would still be easy). I searched and found a swap to a 6cd changer, but I don't need that; just a good head that has sub-outs. (God I'm already thinking of taking a box cutter to the car to run wires under carpeting and stuff..)

I plan on getting the I sport trim, so anyone have any warnings, suggestions, complaints?! (aside from the fact that the i sport comes with hubs...I hate hubs)

Kitty
10-04-2008, 03:42 PM
don't get a new car.

bad investments are bad.

but if you NEED to have a nice new car get a hyundai genesis

****s so cash.

the 3 hasnt impressed me. id rather have a p5 than one.

13thghost
10-04-2008, 05:19 PM
f@ck payments!

Syntax
10-04-2008, 05:33 PM
don't get a new car.

bad investments are bad.

but if you NEED to have a nice new car get a hyundai genesis

****s so cash.

the 3 hasnt impressed me. id rather have a p5 than one.

So instead of getting a known reliable car with good MPG for 15k, I should get a relatively new luxury car with ass MPG for twice as much?

@ghost: That doesn't really help =/

Squeekster1
10-04-2008, 05:48 PM
If your gettin a New car, just get it with an upgraded stereo. If they have an option for a woofer, then get that. Upgrading current woofers amps and whatnot is easy. My bro has an 07 3 and its sound is decent stock non factory upgrade. Its incorporated into the dash as well. If you want to get a aftermarket head, you'll have to swap out a bunch of stuff and it could look like crap.

wheresthericego
10-04-2008, 05:48 PM
If I bought a 3, i'd get the MS3 and be done with it.

Kitty
10-04-2008, 06:00 PM
So instead of getting a known reliable car with good MPG for 15k, I should get a relatively new luxury car with ass MPG for twice as much?

@ghost: That doesn't really help =/

if you want a 3 get a used 3.

if you want a shiney new car get something that is new to the market and not a fleet car.

Syntax
10-04-2008, 06:12 PM
If your gettin a New car, just get it with an upgraded stereo. If they have an option for a woofer, then get that. Upgrading current woofers amps and whatnot is easy. My bro has an 07 3 and its sound is decent stock non factory upgrade. Its incorporated into the dash as well. If you want to get a aftermarket head, you'll have to swap out a bunch of stuff and it could look like crap.

Yeah Corksport seems to have a kit for silver/black swaps; it does look like it'd be spacey/messy. I've already got some CrossFire subs and Fosgate amp to use; don't think a dealership can one up those. (and if they can...holy****)

@kitty: I figured a used 3 would be best; any suggestions on the new to the market that won't leave me making payments for 12 years?

Kitty
10-04-2008, 06:37 PM
at 38k out the door[cash down of 2k is the min you should put down on a car]for the mid grade modle with the big engine at a 6-7 percent intrest rate would make payments like 600 a month over a 6 year loan. keeping in mind it has a 10 year powertrain wrrt.

its rare for a newer car to excite me honestly and the genesis does.

the only other 'new' car that looks decent

the CTS-V looks nice but is higer end than the hyundai and probably not as durable.

honda is still fail right now

the tsx is redisned this year i think.

toyota is still boring as hell

new fastback version of the solsice would be another good under 30k car.but the fit in finish does scream pontiac,still its better than the sky.

the railart lancer is actualy a decent car now and the wrx is really good this year. both under 30k.

mazdaman2002
10-09-2008, 05:15 PM
at 38k out the door[cash down of 2k is the min you should put down on a car]for the mid grade modle with the big engine at a 6-7 percent intrest rate would make payments like 600 a month over a 6 year loan. keeping in mind it has a 10 year powertrain wrrt.

its rare for a newer car to excite me honestly and the genesis does.

the only other 'new' car that looks decent

the CTS-V looks nice but is higer end than the hyundai and probably not as durable.

honda is still fail right now

the tsx is redisned this year i think.

toyota is still boring as hell

new fastback version of the solsice would be another good under 30k car.but the fit in finish does scream pontiac,still its better than the sky.

the railart lancer is actualy a decent car now and the wrx is really good this year. both under 30k.
the geneses is a hot car, i drove one recently being that i am a hyundai salesman.