mx3 gs to bp swap info needed quick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mx3 gs to bp swap info needed quick!

is the swap hard to do might be going to check out a local mx3 its black with 60,000 miles on it has some aftermarket parts only thing is it has a bad engine and the guys asking $2000
    Last edited by smoke187; 10-08-2008, 06:36 AM.

are you keeping your car? if so, just swap the motor, craddle, and suspension onto that
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

the mx3 has a bad engine and would most likely get the bp installed i would like it to be something that could be done in 2 days or less

i just need to know whats involved in the swap if there is wiring needed or if the harness is plug n play with the dash harness

the protege will be sold as parts after that

Comment

or would i be better off just putting the car away for the winter and dropping in a klze with bolt-on's

Comment

just need to know if the pro lx harness is pnp with the mx3 gs where it plug in under the dash not the ecu plugs but the rest of the plugs on the harness

Comment

I would say no on the PNP harness, but not a 100% sure. Ask over on Atlantamx3 and see what they say. But I know if I had a V6 mx I would keep it that, with KLZE it has plenty of power out the box and sounds great.
            Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

so a klze would be the better swap what kinda power could i get out of it with boltons

Comment

from what I've read, most seem to get 170-190whp out of a clean tuned klze. drop that by about 20whp for a klde. The klde is easier though, since all the parts (ecu-headers) are easier to source. Cheaper too.
                No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

smoke, if you get a protege lx harness its plug and play. you will need a 4cyl cross member, BP mounts, and your 4cyl g-series trans. Are you going to sell off the V6 stuff if you get the car and do the swap?
                  2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                  1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

if i end up buying the car yes

Comment

keep it v6... if you need anything let me know, i have 3 gs's if you want i can sell you a k8 to use until u save up for a Ze or something for pretty cheap, i have 3 k8's , i love my mx3 it was a DE with kl31 cams and Ze pistons, i had a bad distributor, and when i pulled the engine realised i had 3 vaccum leaks so it never ran right, but that thing ripped ass :D

Comment

good to know i am thinking of keeping it a v6

Comment

I agree, keep it a v6
                          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

no make it a 4cyl and sell me the V6 stuff!
                            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

I love the sound of those KLs, kinda wish I had a V6 1 too. Wife wont let me have any more toys ( just picked up a 73 240z) so Im SOL.
                              Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

Working...
                              X