Where could I get a ROOF SCOUP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where could I get a ROOF SCOUP

Yea it might be a dumb question but im always watching them rally races on speed vision and i was wondering where could i get a roof scoop for my pro or a fake one? Would you think it would look good? I was just thinking of a new thing for my pro and do they sell add ons.....

Last edited by ProjectProtege; 01-02-2004, 12:00 AM.
    Ratrod

dont bother unless its functional. cause if its not functional its just ghetto. i cant think of a reason you would need one on a street protege but hey its your car. a roof scoop would take some welding to be done properly. this means you dont need a model specific one. good luck.

Comment

Ebay my friend !!
      But I would prefer a Hood scoop over a roof scoop even if its a non-functional one. But thats IMO.
      Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
      you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

IT just something i was thinkin of tryin or not thanks
        Ratrod

Comment

they got some on ebay that use double sided tape so u could take it off
          i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
            and the paint along with it
            No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
              holy ****, something intelligent! but yeah e-bay is going to be your cheapest option. your other option is a real scoop that is a custom job!
              When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
              Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
              Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
              So his engine he goosed
              With much too much boost,
              And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Look what i bought

Ratrod

Comment

this has to do with exterior crap, NOT regular 1st gen stuff

moved
                  "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES
                  ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                  Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

ya know, im not a real big fan of roof scoops but i guess if it were functional it could be kinda a glorified sunroof maybe?
                    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

hmm, personally i like the roof scoop.. it's just.. why bother. personally, if you're going to put it on, at least try and blend it in.. ie paint it, bondo it, fiberglass it in.. whatever you have to do to make it look STOCK and not out of place. opinions are like assholes, everyone's gottem, but ain't much i would dog about it if you put the effort into blending and not just 'taping' it in place. good luck
                      peace

Comment

What purpose do roof scoops serve? Im just curious.
                        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

just to try something new if it looks good on it i with bondo it on but hey its 25 bucks it something new to try....
                          Ratrod

Comment

real roof scoops i think were inteded to cool the drivers inside the car, since there is no A/C
                            Tag Team

Comment

I think that the real purpose is for the roof scoop to be an air intake on rear engine vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                              X