UH OH, ms2 No injector pulse :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UH OH, ms2 No injector pulse :(

My engine wont start,im using EDIS and have spark,when i crank the engine i get no crank signal on megatue.I will bring my scope home from work tonight and check the Ign signal input/ouput PIP and SAW.
    Fuel pump runs ok at IGN on signal.Stim shows injector pulse.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Powered by ACME

How are you bringing the tach signal into the MS. You might need a pull-up resistor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
      How are you bringing the tach signal into the MS. You might need a pull-up resistor.
      Im using an Edis setup ,i made a 36-1 tooth wheel for the crank,it has the stock protege crank sensor on it.The Edis module sends a PIP signal to MS for ignition.MS sends a SAW signal back to Edis module to regulate timing.
      I scoped the VR signal last night and it seems ok.
      The car was running fine then stopped.It wont restart,it has spark which is a product solely of Edis.There appears to be no injector pulse.I have an extra Edis module and tried it with no change.
      Can you see the IGN led blink while cranking on the MS?
      Powered by ACME

Comment

Yup the LED should blink during cranking.

Comment

Yup the LED should blink during cranking.
          Mine does not blink,it will with the stim but not in the car.I scoped the pip tonight to double check and the problem is not edis.

Im trying to trace the ignition input on the board .When i connect MS and scope the input ,the input dies.Its like MS is killing the input.I ran a separate wire from the edis module to MS and it didnt help,but it rules out the cableing.
          Powered by ACME

Comment

Did you run a pull-up resistor on the input side of the MS?

Comment

Did you run a pull-up resistor on the input side of the MS?
              First off for this reply.THANKS LEX for your help.
              Are you referring to the IGBT pull up in the assembly guide?
              Im using the opto input.I checked for ign pulse tonight from the edis module
              and i have signal .
              I have check it all the way to r12. I put my led test light on IRQ1 at the processor pin 14 and got nothing.Although on the stim my scope is showing
              a good +6/-6 square wave at r12 and a good +2.5/-2.5 at pin 14 on the chip.
              I need to drag the scope back out to the car and check the pattern at the processor as i think the led test light may not show the low voltage at the chip very well.I manually grounded the injectors while cranking and she fired up so i know that the fuel/ign and wiring is all good.
              Powered by ACME

Comment

MS No Injector pulse fixed.

It needed to have the firmware reflashed .