What up with Wagner motorsports kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What up with Wagner motorsports kit.

This is a non-intercooled kit? And how much WHP will it provide.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

5psi I think it came out to like 160hp.

Comment

it comes with both intercooled and non-intercooled

Comment

So how much is the intercooled kit? Do they sell the kit with all the parts needed for boost higher than 7 or 8 psi? Like bigger injectors, fuel lines and pumps, B.O.V? Im actually looking at a kit thats on www.turbodiscounters.com and they sell a t20 kit with all the necessary parts for like 2500.00.

Comment

Originally posted by steve_protege
          So how much is the intercooled kit? Do they sell the kit with all the parts needed for boost higher than 7 or 8 psi? Like bigger injectors, fuel lines and pumps, B.O.V? Im actually looking at a kit thats on www.turbodiscounters.com and they sell a t20 kit with all the necessary parts for like 2500.00.
          If I'm not mistaken, their kit is for the B-series engines, and you profile says you have a 2000 DX, which has a ZM-DE. I hope I'm wrong, because their kit looks pretty nice.
          Personal 1/4 mile: 57 sec @ 14 mph
          Haven't tried with the pro yet...

Comment

I not sure if Wagner has finished up the intercooler kit, the one that runs around 240whp. I too have been flirting around with the idea of a turbo but I want the big intercooler as well.

Comment

I didn't know that was for a particular 1.6 liter engine. From what everyone has been sayin about the kit, it was just believed to fit on a 1.6 liter Pro engine. I'll have to look into it and ask Andrew and see what he says.

Comment

There is a member on this board named Biknman. He has a complete race version Protege. And last I heard he had the T3 kit. What I really want to know is some solid prices, I haven't called him yet because I am not completely sure if I am interested.

I know he has one kit specially made for the 1.6. Witchdoktor has it on his 99 1.6, I have been dying to go test drive it to see what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by steve_protege
                  I didn't know that was for a particular 1.6 liter engine. From what everyone has been sayin about the kit, it was just believed to fit on a 1.6 liter Pro engine. I'll have to look into it and ask Andrew and see what he says.
                  If it will fit on a 3rd gen, then that would be great. I'm looking for an inexpensive but upgradable kit for my 1.6. Let me know if you find out more.

Comment

Hey, how about some turbo lovin' for the 3rd gen 1.8?

Comment

1.8/2.0...

Originally posted by 18green99
                      Hey, how about some turbo lovin' for the 3rd gen 1.8?
                      I'm not positive, but I think i read somewhere that the 1.8L and 2.0L 3rd gen engines are essentially the same. The only difference is that the 2.0 has a longer stroke, thus adding the extra .2L. If this is true, then just about any kit for the 2.0 should work on the 1.8. Maybe somebody else who knows more about this than I will correct or confirm this.

Comment

That would save me a lot of money vs. doing a custom turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by ProtonPants
                          I'm not positive, but I think i read somewhere that the 1.8L and 2.0L 3rd gen engines are essentially the same. The only difference is that the 2.0 has a longer stroke, thus adding the extra .2L. If this is true, then just about any kit for the 2.0 should work on the 1.8. Maybe somebody else who knows more about this than I will correct or confirm this.
                          Yer your right, i noticed this too. The 1.8 has a 92mm stroke whereas the 2.0 has 97mm stroke, so there is very little difference between them

Comment

1.6 turbo

Ive seen quite a few turbos for the 1.6 liter Pro. Im takin to this guy now on ebay that is sellin his kit that he bought for his 1.8 Mitsu Eclipse, but never put it on. Im not sure if what he told me is totally true, but he said that the whole kit (excluding the manifold) should fit on the 1.6. I e-mailed him askin which manifold even though I think its the intake because the downpipe acts as the exhaust manifold, correct? He also included a big intercooler from a Volvo that he had custom made to go with the kit. I have the link to the auction if anyone wants to check it out.

Comment

Yeah post that link, I'd be interested to see it. It would probably fit, becaues the Wagner Motorsports kit for the 1.6 was taken from a 2nd gen Eclipse turbo. Even if the manifold doesn't fit you can always get one from Wagner.

Comment

Working...
                              X