rear lip idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear lip idea

a guy on mx-3.com used a RSX rear lip, i think it only came on type-s models but im not sure
    what are your guys opinions? i think with stock tailights it would look alot better. too ricey? i dont have the wrap around spoiler either, i would just have the normal gs spolier.

i realize theyre probably kinda hard to come by, but i think it looks pretty good

also plan on starting some body work this weekend while i wait on megasquirt, until i can afford to get the car repainted im gonna go with a avocado color primer, black mudflaps, black front lip. keep the wheels gold. try not to hate on the primer until you see it, friend of mine just covered the rear half of his 280z in it. i think it looks a hell of alot better than black or white primer.
    i just can't stand the hideous crappy orange paint job any longer.

also gonna get some SEM colorcoat and try to dye the orange inserts on my seats black

95' mx-3 BPT GT28r

looks good

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Not too shabby
      Drew
      '95 EGT 1.8
      T
      '93 ELX 1.9 SC
      '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

Doesn't look ricey too me. looks like it's just right.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

lowers the rear nicely, as long as it doesn't become or create a parachute.
          No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
            lowers the rear nicely, as long as it doesn't become or create a parachute.

It looks good to me minus those gay tails
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
            |.....Overnight....................| ||
            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

you must have never seen my car was when i got it....ricebucket for real

i like to think that im helping it steer away from that direction

im gonna start looking for a rear lip, ive decided i like the look, kind of a rear diffuser

95' mx-3 BPT GT28r

Comment

kind of it serves no purpose, besides ruining the body lines. come up with a better idea. How about a real diffuser?

Comment

Originally posted by mazdax3speed View Post
                  you must have never seen my car was when i got it....ricebucket for real

i like to think that im helping it steer away from that direction

im gonna start looking for a rear lip, ive decided i like the look, kind of a rear diffuser
                  yep them rims must go

Comment

that pictures a little over 2 years old, they're long gone, along with that doodoo 1.6L

as far as a real diffuser...i wouldnt even know where to start, unless i bought one for a different car and tried to make it fit.

95' mx-3 BPT GT28r

Comment

dude why would you change that paint color??? that is freaking awesome...
                      2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                      1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

for real the body is great......do u realize how rear your body is? ... just be happy for that my friend and get a V6...4cyl is for the gays!!!!LOL!!!!

Comment

f*ck you very much too ^^
                          2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                          1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

the body is garbage, the passengers side door has more bondo in it than you could fit in a walmart shopping cart, the fender has some waves in it and and the hood has a ton of dings.
                            when i took the bumper off to do the FMIC i noticed the bumper support had a dent in it and had coolant all over it, so im sure the car was in a pretty decent little wreck. the paint is ****ty, theres over spray on all the moldings and every time i wash it the orange starts to flake off a little bit more in spots. i wouldnt mind the color if it was a tad darker, but im about positive its gonna get painted an off-white creme color
                            a good friend of mines GF is selling her MX3 with a perfect body just faded paint with 200xxx miles on it, i might buy it just for a parts car and swap doors and the fender, maybe take her hood too. like i said those pictures are over 2 years old, so the bodys got a little bit more ware in it than they show

but back to the lip, looks like they run about $120-150 new so unless i can find a used one or one at a junkyard im not gonna pay that much for it.

**** a v6, 4 banger on boost. i dont care what some people say, KLZE arent impressive to me.

95' mx-3 BPT GT28r

Comment

I like the way the lip looks, but it will give you some drag.
                              I made the slim visors on the red car. If you like them, and want to replace yours, let me know.
                              '93 MX-3 GS - 2.5L P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.25" Str8 exhaust, H&R sprngs, NRG Susp. bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, Fuzion ZRi tires, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2

Comment

Working...
                              X