Raced a V-8 Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raced a V-8 Explorer

Coming home the other day, I was lined up at a left turn in the outside lane against a V-8 Explorer. Since this leads onto one of my favorite stretches of road (Mulholland Dr.), I really didn't want to be behind a stupid Explorer. So, I pulled out and shifted from 1st to 2nd at about 5000rpm when I noticed he was racing me. So, I stayed hard into 2nd, but I started running out of road (it narrows to one lane before a uphill right turn). I was just about to back off (I was a nose ahead of him) when he backed off.

Oh, and I was towing one of those U-haul sport trailers at the time. :D Once the road turned curvy, I really lost him. :D http://uhaul.com/trailers/sport/

And the car is back to stock height for the winter.
    David Avard
    '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
    '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
    '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

dang that's what our cops cruise around in down here in Greeneville!!!! Weird!!!!!!!
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

LOL you raced with a trailor. Thats funny man

Comment

Working...
      X