99-00 engine bay dress-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99-00 engine bay dress-up

im getting my intake in a few days and after taking a look at the engine bay i realized how plain it looks so i decided that my next project is to spruce it up. Do they sell any valve covers for the 99-00 1.6's? or can i paint mine and if so anyone have a how-to? also was wondering if anyone could give me any other ideas on how to clean it up

Thanks

You could always get the wire loom, but that cracks and falls apart after a while, if yo dont take care of it.
    I dont know of any 1.6L valve covers. I painted the mazda logo on mine with some touch up paint, but it chipped off because its not meant to stand up to the heat.
    Sagaris

Comment

you could use like caliper paint, couldn't you??
      i think that stuff is heat resistant... to the max!

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
      RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

yeah they have heat resistant paint at that autoparts stores in many different colors.
        Sagaris

Comment

here is what i did.. i had valve coverand heat shield polished and painted the oil cap, fuse box and other peices.. and put loom in... and look at it... looks really good too
          Sexy Turbo Charged 2000 LX

Comment

Originally posted by protege00dogg
            here is what i did.. i had valve coverand heat shield polished and painted the oil cap, fuse box and other peices.. and put loom in... and look at it... looks really good too
            tee hee
            Sagaris

Comment

it does look very nice ... how much did it cost you just to dress everything up? including the polishing?

Comment

hmm.... let see after everything was done it was a total of around 450 dollars... thats everything the loom, strut bar, polishing, AEM intake, and paint.....

Comment

i definitly needa do that sometime.
                  My OLD Car

Comment

ok i found a clear picture....

Comment

man that looks clean. Man what type of paint did u put on that engine. All those colored hoses. how much that u get those for? and where? can u get white? thanks

Comment

i used blue engine paint that i found at autozone... and the blue wires is just blue loom covering the black factory wires...

Comment

cool. looks tight. Tight as body kit. are those ebiach springs witht he drop you have there. man that looks good.

Comment

no i have H&R springs

Comment

damn that engine looks tight!!!!

i want to have chrome like that in the engine bay!
                              how did you do that?

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Working...
                              X