I blew my motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blew my motor

Yup my wastegate hose came off today and I was boostin 25psi. The car ran great and I loved how it felt but I was scared. So I noticed at work that it was leaking oil at the crank. I got it home from work and found out that it now has blow by. I am so pissed and I love my 323 with all my heart. I just finished putting the power window conversion with the power door locks in it. Anyone want to help me out in south florida?? I am ready to rebuild.

Sorry to hear.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Lol, mine's been leaking oil at the crank since forever. Cams, and oil pan too.

Definitely a good reason to rebuild though.
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by noshatch View Post
        Yup my wastegate hose came off today and I was boostin 25psi. The car ran great and I loved how it felt but I was scared. So I noticed at work that it was leaking oil at the crank. I got it home from work and found out that it now has blow by. I am so pissed and I love my 323 with all my heart. I just finished putting the power window conversion with the power door locks in it. Anyone want to help me out in south florida?? I am ready to rebuild.
        i can give a hand a few days, PM me the details. are you doing a full rebuild? have you done a compress/leak down test yet?
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

I am going to get off of my lazy ass and do ao compression test today or tomorrow. I have to get my other car ready to drive to work this week. Im going to be driving my race car around till the 323 is back

Comment

Ok so I did a compression test and I am not happy with what the motor put out on the gauge. Cyl 2 and 3 both have 70psi. 1 is at 110 and 4 is at 125. I am thinking that I need all 4 pistons replaced. But I wont know until I tear it apart

Comment

add oil to the cylinders and retest

if it brings up the compression than it the rings, if its the same then itd the head, which could be a dirty valve, head gasket or a multidude of other things.
              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

I will try that. I did spray some wd40 into the cylinders and that didnt help it at all. How much oil are you talking about??? I was able to talk my friend tony into helping me rebuild the motor.

Comment

Like, a cap full.
                  sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                  92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Ok. I'll try it this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Pro View Post
                      Sux. What are your plans now?
                      Full build like anything basicly possible the car will sadly prolly be down for 8 + months.. but in the end will be worth it!
                      My baby 93' Protege Lx--R.I.P
                      New Baby 94' Protege Lx Black
                      91' Miata - SOLD
                      93' Protege LX new Project (no rust)!
                      Mods: Protege:
                      Engine: Fully built with wiseco 9:1 +1mm ceramic coated tops and molly skirts, M-tuned H beams, ACL Race rod and thrust bearings with King Mains, Arp Mains ,rod and head studs,3 lbs lightend crank, Everything is ballanced, spec stage 3 clutch,lightend flywheel, RX7 Afm, Fidanza Adj. cam gears, timing,Cut intake manifold from BPT323, exintake cam swap,full port and polished head 1mm stainless oversize valves, vf12/vj20Turbo, 3" custom full exhaust w/external wastegate,3" E-Cut, Eclipse crushed BOV , Fmic, Aem Urgo wideband, Autometer boost gauge, Magnaflo Muffler,batt relocated to trunk, slight wire tuck with engine bay fuse box under dash Bp26 ecu
                      Suspension: Energy Suspension rear trailing arms,Es Front Sway bar endlinks,Zx2 Front Sway Bar,El Sport w/bilstein mono tube struts and don't know what springs, Suspension Tequniques Rear Sway bar with Es endlinks,mx3 rear lower tie bar. corksport SS brakelines and clutch line.
                      Exterior: Adler Racing 16"s ,Mx6 Front lip,EGT Glass Sunroof,Edm Headlight & corners EGT side skirts,Gt Led wing, Led interior 3rd brake light
                      Audio: few things polk momo 6.5 components, VW Monsoon Front Componants with monsoon amp,alpine head unit
                      sigpic

Comment

So an update: The motor is out and apart.... Just as I thought, I need 2 pistons. I cracked the sides of cyls 2 and 3. So anyone have pistons for sale??? I need the 1.6 pistons

Comment

Make sure you have your ducks in order in terms of fueling and timing - short of a standalone nothing will really properly handle 25 psi. Detonation will eat your pistons up very quickly.

Comment

According to his first post, His wastegate vacume line popped off allowing it to overboost. Dont know anyone wanting to run more then 21 psi on a mot6or without a standalone. And isnt this a BP? Dont you want the 1.8l pistons?
                            Mazda
                            1988 Black 323 GT
                            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Now that I re-read that you're right

Comment

Working...
                              X