Mazda speed RX-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda speed RX-8

I should have posted this earlier but in an old sport compact car magazine i saw a mazdaspeed rx-8 now i haven't heard any word on it coming to the US or any specs but If any one knows other wise correct me if im wrong about it coming to the US.
    Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

When I was working at Mazda. I showed some of the guys my laptop I had just gotten and my wallpaper was the Mazdaspeed RX-8. I found it funny how none of them even knew about the car. As far as them coming to the US......well I've never heard about it being released.

Btw, wrong section of the forum.
    Last edited by BoostedPro; 01-04-2004, 01:22 AM.
    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
    MODS:
    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
    TO DO LIST:
    EDM/JDM rear bumper
    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
    Repaint car

Comment

moved
      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
      So his engine he goosed
      With much too much boost,
      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Officil Mazda info

Mazda Presents Limited-Production
        'Mazda RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version'

- A complete model based on the RX-8 with enhanced sports driving performance -

Mazda Motor Corporation announces the release of a limited edition RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version, which is based on the RX-8 and fitted with Mazdaspeed* brand tune-up parts for enhanced sports driving performance. The RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version goes on sale from the middle of February at Mazda Anfini and Mazda dealerships throughout Japan.

The new RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version is based on the RX-8 Type S. Mazda has tuned up the engine using it's exclusively designed PCM (Powertrain Control Module) to match the modified intake and exhaust systems of the Mazdaspeed Version, as well as going through balance adjustments around the eccentric shaft in response to the lightweight flywheel. Mazda has also tuned up the suspension and fitted aero parts to further enhance sports driving performance. Those modifications, carried out under Mazda's strict quality control system, provide the RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version with well-balanced performance.

In addition, the RENESIS rotary engine has been further improved to deliver greater aerodynamic performance and even better sports car driving performance. Sharp, stable maneuverability is further enhanced while maintaining ride comfort, and the vehicle's exterior design supervised by the RX-8 chief designer expresses high performance.

The sales volume of the RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version will be limited to 300 units.
        * Mazda designs and develops tune-up parts and accessories for the motorsports market under the Mazdaspeed brand.

Mazda RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version

Main Features of the RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version
        Specially tuned engine
        - Exclusively designed PCM (Powertrain Control Module) to match the modified intake and exhaust systems.
        - Customized fresh air ducts for efficient engine air intake.
        - Customized sports muffler that produces a rich engine sound and reduces exhaust pressure (with catalyst).
        - Special spark plugs to stabilize combustion.

Use of Mazdaspeed brand parts
        Engine related parts
        - Double oil cooler set with improved cooling performance to handle hard driving.
        - Lightweight flywheel and balance adjustments around the eccentric shaft for sharp engine response.
        - Earthing kit to stabilize engine performance.
        Chassis related parts
        - Sports spring set to enhance driving stability (lowers vehicle by 20 mm).
        - Mono-tube type shock absorbers that deliver both excellent high speed cornering performance and a comfortable ride.
        - Fade resistant brake pad to enhance initial braking force and vehicle control.
        Body reinforcement parts
        - Front/rear strut bar and performance bar set to increase body rigidity.
        - Large-diameter front/rear stabilizer bars to control rolling during cornering.
        Exterior parts
        - Exterior design by the RX-8 chief designer beautifully expresses driving performance with the front nose, rear under skirt, side skirt set, rear wing and Mazdaspeed ornaments, while maintaining the car's original balance.

Body colors
        The Mazda RX-8 Mazdaspeed Version is available in two colors: exclusive Strato Blue Mica with a high quality and striking appearance and Sunlight Silver Metallic, which is popular for its direct expression of sports driving.
        Last edited by turbonium959; 01-05-2004, 04:05 PM.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

The RX-8 Mazdaspeed version mentioned in the press release above is the typical Japanese Mazdaspeed car.

Mazdaspeed has been doing things to Mazdas in Japan for awhile now.

Mazdaspeed was released in the US in 2002 with the release of the 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege.

The Mazdaspeed RX-8 we will be getting here in the US will most likely be nothing like what they have in Japan.

The version that was at SEMA, was the car show casing the US Mazdaspeed products that are available through your Mazda dealer.
          "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
          2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

Hmm no turbo kit huh but whats more astonishing is the limited production only 300 units seem they are reaching ferrari rarity there whats the US price gonna be 35000 to 37000 i bet
            Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

Comment

I think was already talked about many times that after Mazdaspeed Miata, there will be no more Mazdaspeed models for the North American markets.

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
                I think was already talked about many times that after Mazdaspeed Miata, there will be no more Mazdaspeed models for the North American markets.
                And that would be incorrect information.

There have a number of stories conerning the Mazdaspeed market in the US. Even stories in non-automotive magazines. A Mazdaspeed 3 and Mazdapseed6 are in the works...
                "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

Well, what I heard was a rumor, so we just have to wait and time will tell. Thanks for the info, StutterC.

Comment

No problem. I heard the same rumor form one individual who spoke to the head of Mazdaspeed at SEMA.

Given lead times for some of the stories I have read, the info was passed after SEMA.

Of course, time will tell for sure.

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

Working...
                    X