info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

info needed

anyone got the link to get the info on the guy who made 399 hp N/A out of his miata?

My friend doesnt believe it, and I was wondering if the guy had dyno charts online anywhere.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Ric from miata.net, if I remember correctly. THat's about all I know, besides what was posted on protegeclub
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

umm, news flash, there is somebody that owns a V8 miata... 302 motor i believe, and is a member of this club! built under certain restrictions, perminant convertable with roll bar, and basically, engine being so big that the bell housing sits right by your ankles.. it can be done, has been done.. the guy you're talking about, jesse or daryl would know.
      peace

Comment

I know people do the v8 conversion thing, but no point in putting a v8 in a car that can have an I4 with 400 hp. The v8 is nice for the torque, but I read up on it, and it turns out that all you get in the end is the v8 throaty sound. v8= good power, but hella heavy.
        The I4 = good power, not as much torque, but way lighter.
        I read some guy that poseted something about unless you have money to spend and love the v8 sound, save your money and build up the bp block.
        I personally would go with flying miata or something.

Anyways, so can the bp block seriously hold 350-400 hp on stock internals?

Comment

the v8 302 supposedly weighed 180 pounds more than the inline 4 cylinder it replaced... not to mention the larger transmission, custom metal boxing, the bell housing and everything else... just some info.
          peace

Comment

v8 conversion is for ****tards, 180lbs is a LOT considering the weight balance of the car. BP is good, but, remember it wasn't N/A, his was turbo. You're not gonna get 399whp N/A out of a BP.
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

ok, thats what I thought. You might could get there with spray but then you would detonate your block in doing so.

Comment

Even if he use dnitrous...still not N/A that's forced induction also guy

Comment

there was a magazine where some asian dude stuck a ford v-8 in a 2000 miata. i dont remeber the name the dude said it ran like 11 or 12 seconds but i dont remeber. if u wanna find it just look for a miata with a big ass hood scoop on it like a 3in
                  i is dumb

Comment

thats cool but I dont want a ford v8 in there. If I wanted to do it, I would get a chevy v8 in there if it is possible. I know the ford is less work and easier to put in, but still.

But thats just my personal choice.

Comment

Working...
                    X