BPT MX3 gt28r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BPT MX3 gt28r

I figured id go ahead and make a worklog since i dont update the one on mx-3.com anymore
    As you may or may not know i have a 95' mx-3 BPT swap about 2 years ago, 3rd turbo setup, 2nd tranny, and still slow
    Lex's MegaSquirtII showed up last week and started messing with that, really haven't done much yet, still trying to read more on it and just understand it better. before on the rx7 MAF i could never get a good idle out of it, now with the map and MS the idle adjusting screw on the throttle body actually makes a difference! it idles perfect at ~900rpms, any lower and it has a tendency to drop too low after a high rev. Before i was comfortable enough to really get on it my buddy decided he wanted his boost controller back, on 8psi it spools fast but has some studdering or hesitation up top.
    basically im not comfortable to drive the car daily and im only allowed 1 car at my apartment so i can only mess with it on weekends when i travel back to Durham

buddy snapped some new pics this weekend, for some reason he didnt upload any of MS or under the hood

buddys setup (im sitting in the background staring at who knows what)

going with a bigger exhaust side before its running, his FMIC is ridiculous "RevHard" 4"thick, off to go get drivers side end tank cut and rewelded for a back door setup(eliminates a good 3feet of intercooler piping)
    its a 4door eg civic slammed on some gt3's...i know a honda on gt3's you never hear of that. but the fact that its a 4door makes it 10x cooler

95' mx-3 BPT GT28r

meant to ask, doesn't anybody know if MSII has any type of launch control (2step)?

95' mx-3 BPT GT28r

Comment

you can add it
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

damn civics and their tiny radiators and loads of room for wtf-ever you want in there
        Originally posted by 90prtege
        have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
        Originally posted by Turpro
        Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
        CRZbrussian: that sux
        CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
        CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

yes, msII can run launch control. MS I extra can also
          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
          |.....Overnight....................| ||
          |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
          |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
          "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
          Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

looks like i might need to wire in a clutch switch? i tried researching it a little last night, but ill figure out later on...
            other pics from a different camera, same day

^my favorite i think, ive always liked that effect

me and a group of friends split a yoparts.com membership, if you havent been there you need to check it out, cheapest prices ive seen, $100 a year membership or you can go monthly i think. Ill be picking up a Perrin boost controller this weekend, seems like the best manual for the money
            Last edited by mazdax3speed; 11-18-2008, 12:28 PM.

95' mx-3 BPT GT28r

Comment

I still don't know how ive never seen your car around raleigh
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

it never came to raleigh until this august, and i pretty much just drove it between lakewheeler, States campus, and Peace.
                stopped by phantasm a couple times...they were no help, i think my bathroom is bigger and more organized than their showroom.

95' mx-3 BPT GT28r

Comment

that civic is very nice. i like when you see real work put in to these cars.
                  these are honda enthusiast i respect. not like these rices machines that run around my area. lol
                  they carry around these amazing racing story's, of 9 sec passes with octane boost stock engines.
                  Last edited by 13thghost; 11-18-2008, 05:27 PM.
                  GOD INVENTED TURBO LAG TO GIVE THE V8 A CHANCE!!!!!
                  AND
                  THE DEVIL INVENTED THE ''ANTILAG'' TO SHOW THEM NO MERSEY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mazdax3speed View Post
                    it never came to raleigh until this august, and i pretty much just drove it between lakewheeler, States campus, and Peace.
                    stopped by phantasm a couple times...they were no help, i think my bathroom is bigger and more organized than their showroom.
                    Phantasm isn't much help. I go to them for random AN fittings, welding and oil, everything else is extremely overpriced. Also I wouldn't let them touch my car with a rubberband yet alone real tools. I don't trust their work. And have good reasons not to

Comment

hey i've noticed ya on mx-3.com as well...good work on this setup! keep us updated with mucho pics!
                      **Never be afraid to try**Remember, amateurs built the ark...professionals built the titanic**

Comment

gonna go junkyard searchin for an alternator tomorrow, rx7 3rdgen MPV....whatever i can find
                        starting to get the hang of MS, and instead of doing a nice job cleaning up my harness...im going around and clipping off clips i dont need...i know its kinda slack but its still helping clean up the bay a bit.

im making a promise to myself to get the bumper/lip on over thanksgiving, i have front and rear mudflaps too, but im not sure if i still have the clips for them, plus the crappy paint job i did flaked alot, im guessing since i didnt scuff up the factory paint before spraying them with primer

95' mx-3 BPT GT28r

Comment

So, what happened with this worklog?

Any updates?

Comment

I believe the car was parted out or sold.

Comment

car was parted/scrapped. I have engine

Comment

Working...
                              X