change to power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change to power

i would like to know of i change my car to power windows n lock do i need to get anything else or just the power locks, power windows, n a new door panel
    Barry
    protege 93 dx

www.ipmcsfl.com

You'll need the door wire harness. The locks are integrated into the latches, so you'll need atleast the front 2 latches, i think the rears have separate actuators. You may need to add extra wires to the under dash wire harness or replace with the power option harness.

Comment

I just put new door panels in my LX and have the old LX door panels out of a 90' w/ the power window slots, if your interested. Infact I have a whole 90' LX interior in gray.

90 Mazda Protege LX 5-Speed (currently 4 sale)
      -Mods...who care's anymore?DOHC anyone

Comment

ask Dave about this, he got a whole duffle bag from me when i brought him the nessicery parts to do such a thing.

this is just 1 rear door and not everything is pictured

and that is everyting piled up.
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

So the rear latches aren't nessicary then?? The car i'm getting my stuff out of has been rolled and i cannot open one of the rear doors because the latch is locked and wont unlock. Well what I am asking is would it be allright to break the latch or not?

Comment

So Do the front door harnesses just plug into the same spot that they did on the LX or what? I have everything out of the LX. Is there another harness (underdash harness?) that i still need? I have the harness that runs beneath the carpet for the two rear doors.

How exactly do I take out the under-dash harness without taking out the dash, because I cannot figure out, after the harness from the front doors clip into the car, what to do about the front doors.

Comment

bump
              When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
              Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
              Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
              So his engine he goosed
              With much too much boost,
              And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Working...
              X