Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

The cold is coming, and updates from Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cold is coming, and updates from Minnesota

I saw on the news the other day, 33 below zero in Churchill, CA. You know what that means in MN, cold as hell as well. It's been a long time since I've been on the site, tried to cut my addictions during the holiday season. I've also been busy at work, no time to play. I don't drive the pro that much and over the time I don't drive it, I think, I should trade it in and get something like a 6 or an old RX-7 twin turbo. But then I drive the pro, and I say to myself, what was I thinking, this car rocks.

As some of you know, I was waiting for the Racingmazda header, well I cancelled my order when the 3rd deadline came and past with no header. Almost a month latter, some people got the header, what they were unimpressed with the quality. Granted some people loved it.

I got my AWR front engine mount in, helps a lot with takeoffs and shifting from 1st to 2nd, much smoother.

This summer I hope to install the rear mount and finnally get the cams in. I was too busy with the wedding in August to work on the car. I'd also like to get a lighter flywheel to improve acceleration.

My cousin is back in town for good now and is hoping to open his own shop. If you have any repairs or installs that are too complicated for you alone, he can help and you can learn. He's big on sharring his knowledge and building a reputation.

That's all, just though I'd put some stuff out there to share. Hope to hear from everyone as a sort of mid-winter update.
    "In the end, it doesn't even matter" Linkin Park

It's butt as cold today. I actually had to double clutch the LX into second this morning. She really complained about getting going. Wondering if a block heater would help at all. It's got do something right? Anyway everyone stay warm and take care.
    BTW Still thinking about getting a GT2/3 tournament goign for Feb/late Jan. Any suggestions on a time/date? I was thinking either the week after the superbowl or the week before.
    2003 Protege5
    Midnight Blue MTX
    2002 Protege LX
    Black Mica MTX

Comment

Working...
    X