Hardwiring an Apexi turbotimer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardwiring an Apexi turbotimer...

The instructions are pretty generic and I cant seem to come to a real conclusion myself.

The wires on the TT:
    Red- 12v + constant
    Black- Ground
    Green- IGN 1 Output
    Blue- ACC
    Grey- Hand brake
    White- O2

Red will go to W/R at the ignition switch (constant power)
    Black-DARR thats a ground
    Green- Should this go to the big blue wire at the ignition switch? (
    Blue- Should this go to the radio since its energized in the ACC postition?

Wiring diagram of the ignition switch for reference:
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Correct, the green wires goes to the big blue wire. I have the blue wire from my TT going to the Black wire with the red stripe on the ign switch. This makes it so when you turn your key off and the car is still running the radio and such turns off with the key. Hope this helps.
    BPT Power....Drop a gear and disappear.sigpic

Comment

I guess its really a matter of preference since the B/R wire goes to the Power windows (which I dont have) Thanks for your help
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

mine has red,lellow blue in the main harness then a black with a eyelid for ground but theres also a brown its a generic any help please ?

Comment

We can only speculate what wires go to what. I would say red and black are the main power and gound. What kind of timer is it? Did it not come with instructions or have a website you can source them from?

Comment

brotip

make a plug in play harness.

I did when I replaced the hacked up stock ignition with a clean junkyard one on the bha.

I just need to get one moar plug to splice into the TT harness.
            Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
            kitty, you are a hilarious woman
            Originally posted by HopelessCow
            there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
            Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

right or wrong, i just used a test light to backprobe the harness to see what had power in each key position... then i ran the ebrake line to the ebrake, It said optional on this wire and i didnt want to rip the interior apart to get to it at the time... and it would not work, it needs to be at least grounded i believe.
              Last edited by Turpro; 12-20-2008, 09:54 PM.
              There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Working...
              X