Ford Freestyle:

Mercury Montego:

Nissan Pathfinder:

Nissan Frontier:
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Re: NAIAS 2004: New Cars

Originally posted by NegatiZE
    Pontiac Solstice:

I wouldn't consider buying any of the other ones, but at least they're not god awfully ugly.
    '99 Protege ES

Mostly stock.

Comment

Man, I am glad you stared this thread. Ford is f*cking crazy. They should have canned Mercury years ago, just like GM did with Oldsmobile. All of the new Ford/Mercury production models intorduced are so ordinary and have no identity: FiveHundred/Montego, Freestyle, Escape/Mariner, they evem uglied the Focus more then its was before. And of course the Mustang. The image is too retro/old and it will no last long. I thought that Ford learned its lesson with T-bird, that you cannot live off of old glory days, but here they are at it again. Ok, now I am done bashing Ford.
      GM, was mostly pleasing, with the exception of the new Grand Am, Solstice, and Buick/Saturn minivans??? WTF??? Also, Corvette interior disappointed me as well because it looks like thay of a truck, and not a legendary sports car.
      Chrysler, is doing OK. Return of HEMI helps them out a lot, and they are thinking of putting that engine into almost any car that they sell.
      As for others, they showed a few interesting concepts as well as production models. We should see more cars in days to come.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Im just not liking the way new cars look these days.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

2006 Lexus GS:

Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Kia Spectra:

Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Scion tC:

Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Lincoln Mark LT:

Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Wow, that Scion tC is freaking hot! Is it a Hyundai?

It's sad when the kia's and hyundai's look better than the other cars do. New car styling =
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

Scion is Toyota's new "youth" brand.
                    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
                      All of the new Ford/Mercury production models intorduced are so ordinary and have no identity: FiveHundred/Montego, Freestyle, Escape/Mariner, they evem uglied the Focus more then its was before.
                      But they sell. Ford isn't building FiveHundreds and Montegos for the enthusiast, they're building them for baby boomers who are living off pensions gained in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Not you and me, who think they're terrible.

And of course the Mustang. The image is too retro/old and it will no last long. I thought that Ford learned its lesson with T-bird, that you cannot live off of old glory days, but here they are at it again. Ok, now I am done bashing Ford.
                      Again, the Mustang is still selling ridiculous numbers, and the general consenus on the new bodystyle is that the same crowd who likes the current ones like the new ones....and people like me actually like the new one because they finally fixed the chassis, so now it's almost a real sportscar.

GM, was mostly pleasing, with the exception of the new Grand Am, Solstice, and Buick/Saturn minivans??? WTF??? Also, Corvette interior disappointed me as well because it looks like thay of a truck, and not a legendary sports car.
                      ummm, have you sat in a C4 or C5 interior before? They're terrible. The C6 actually looks like a major refinement in what they're offering. No more stock standard radio that's also offered in EVERY OTHER Chevy, some real seats...etc.

Chrysler, is doing OK. Return of HEMI helps them out a lot, and they are thinking of putting that engine into almost any car that they sell.
                      You bash Ford for going retro and then compliment Chrysler on going to the HEMI!?!?!?! What are you, insane? The HEMI one of the worst combustion chamber shapes out there, along with the rotary....simply horrible! They completely suck as far as technology goes.
                      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                      -93 MR2, 129 ES
                      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

2005 Mercedes SLK:

Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                          Again, the Mustang is still selling ridiculous numbers, and the general consenus on the new bodystyle is that the same crowd who likes the current ones like the new ones....and people like me actually like the new one because they finally fixed the chassis, so now it's almost a real sportscar.
                          Jesse, I agree with you about Mustang finally having a new chassis, Ford should have done this years ago. But I do not think its new look will be attractive for more then two years. To me personally, retro style is temporary, and I would hate to see Ford totally redesigning this car in about 4-5 years. I think Ford did a good job with GT, very retro, and also exlusive (@$150K each). T-bird was decent too, but this car got over rated, and took way to long to go into production, but the same time it ended up being somewhat exlusive (@ around 40K each). But I just do not see the same coming for the new Mustang, especially for a car such as this, that usually lasts in production for more then 5 years. I guess my point is, that retro style should be more common to exclussive cars, such as GT, T-bird, or Chevy SSR. But having retro style on car that most people can afford, does not really make it all that retro. PT Cruiser, I think, is the only car that was based upon retro style and actually be very succesful, it is definately not too retro, but the new Mustand is definately too retro.

ummm, have you sat in a C4 or C5 interior before? They're terrible. The C6 actually looks like a major refinement in what they're offering. No more stock standard radio that's also offered in EVERY OTHER Chevy, some real seats...etc.
                          I was not totally dissing the new Vette's interior, but only a few aspects, like the steering wheel, and the quality of materials. The latter one GM has always been a problem for GM, and as for the new Vette, yes it looks much more modern and unique of other GM/Chevy models, it still has that cheap look to it, like Corvette's always had. So my point was, even though the enterior was improved a lot, there are still many areas of imrovement, and Chevy should have paid more attention to it.

You bash Ford for going retro and then compliment Chrysler on going to the HEMI!?!?!?! What are you, insane? The HEMI one of the worst combustion chamber shapes out there, along with the rotary....simply horrible! They completely suck as far as technology goes.
                          Lastly, I was did not praise Chrysler for its technology. It was more of a marketing compliment, because Chrysler was capable of putting something in their cars that sells, and HEMI has been very succesful for them so far.
                          Last edited by turbonium959; 01-08-2004, 11:28 AM.
                          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Working...
                          X