LX parts car..What Should I Take??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LX parts car..What Should I Take??

Well I have an LX parts car is there anything i should take from it and put in or on my SE??

I'm getting the motor (no tranny in car), Power accesories, Brakes, and I think thats it before i junk it..........any suggestions.
    Are the sway bars biggger? Well I need to replace my rear sway bar anyways, because it has a nasty bend in it. But any other suspension goodies or anything else that might be different or better than that of what is in my SE??

If you dont use the Drivers Master Window switch thingie let me know because mine is going bad. Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by merrill818
      And do you have any pics of the R34 bodykit or how do you think about installing it on your car, is it a direct bolt on?

if you want to use the brakes you will need to pull the master cylinder. the suspensions are similiar. spare parts are always nice, you might as well grab both swap bars, for the just in case. or if you want to sell me the rear swap bar, i need a new one, bad. clip the wiring harness, you will need the 26 pin harness, and the ECU.

if you can grab the GT rims, they make nice winter rims. and the larger diameter rims are nessicery to fit the larger rotors and calipers.
      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
      So his engine he goosed
      With much too much boost,
      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

On the brakes can I use the existing Brake lines, are they the same?

I would send you the rear sway bar, but my original has a pretty bad crease in it. I am going to replace mine, sorry.

I am also going to use the master switch merrill.

So is there anything else? I'm gonna switch consoles, and maybe use the LX gauge cluster. I'm not sure yet because I have a Tach and think that it might look a little cleaner with the SE tach-less cluster.

I am just going to pull the whole harness. Does the engine harness include everything in the engine bay? Like H/Ls and everything or not. If it does it might be easier to clip it.

My brother's harness was a bitch in his geo, it had H/L and everyhting included. Had to pull off fenders and the front bumper, hell those alone took a while. I swear that front bumper had at least 50 clips, bolts, and nuts holding the bitch on.

Comment

I would replace the brake lines, the rubber ones. the metal piping, well that is up to you.

lol, the wiring harness is in the car, it is what plugs into the eCU, just cut the wires 4" from the ecu. a crease in your sway bar? there are suposed to be bent, to avoind various things in the suspension.

you want to lose the tach??? meh your loss.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Yeah I know that the wiring harness plugs into the ECU, what i was saying was the harness in my brother's geo went throught the firewall, and both fenders. I was wondering if that was the case in the protege, but I was looking and I don't think that it is.

Well on the tach i'm not sure. I just think the aftermarket tach would look cleaner w/ the SE cluster, not the LX cluster. So I would still have a tach, just I don't want two of them.

Comment

i prefer the look of the LX cluster with indglo's. I think aftermarket tachs can be a little "over the top". but it is you car do as you see fit. also for the lx car, you might want to pull out the carpet, clean it and you could dye it balck. also grab the headlights, front grill, door panels, and might as well pull the power mirrors too.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

I'm interested in the power steering pump belt tensioner assembly if it's intact. If it's easier to sell the whole powersteering pump with the tensioner, I can do that too. How much do you want for that shipped to 02115?

Thanks!

"Mazderati"
                91 LX DOHC 5 speed V8 stocker
                Pioneer DEH-550MP, Infinity 6002i's, Pioneer 6x9s
                Uniden PC76XL w/ Astatic Road Devil & 5' Wilson Silverload

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Brougham
                AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

I will check on the price of shipping tomorrow. Just make an offer without shipping. I will check to see if I can send just the tensioner assembly tomorrow also. I'll posr after I find out.

I was wondering about the master cylinder. Are the differences internal, because they look almost identical to me.

Comment

yes the differences are internal, hell a 929 master cyl looks the similiar.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Just curious, what exactly is different in the two?

When you said to also get the rubber hoses did you mean that they perform better? Or jist that they might be newer or in better shape?

I will be getting steel lines before I install the brakes anyways.

Comment

Also, I'd be interested in the fuel rail if it's in good condition.

If you let me make you an offer, it's going to be a low-baller

"Mazderati"

AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

i think he is using the fuel rail for the engine swap... just a feeling.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

No. I think mine has a leak I'll know for sure when the weather "warms" up and I can get it out.

There is a little bit of a wet spot on both the rubber hose and metal of the fuel rail where the two of them meet in front of the throttle cable cam.

I also need to check under the car to see if the fuel line is leaking there instead or also.

"Mazderati"

AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

[sorry I haven't had a chance on checking the shipping, go ahead and make an offer it, and yeah i'm using the fuel rail.

Comment

Working...
                              X