barometric pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

barometric pressure

so on a speed density car, would the barometric pressure make a difference? on a local forum a guy asked this question. i tried to explain but what i typed out just sounded stupid lol. say your running a standalone on a speed density car. what would be the need for barometric correction. someone give me a good answer because what i tried explaning to the guy just sounded dumb.
    sigpic

not a tech article.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

The way I understand it is that in a Speed Density system the computer calculates the mass of the incoming air based upon its temperature, the manifold pressure and the engine speed. Basicly the standalone uses the MAP sensor, IAT sensor and the engines RPM to then calculate the mass of the air by using the universal gas law. So if the pressure in the manifold isnt really what the MAP sensor thinks it is the computer will miscalculate. Basicly the MAP sensor calculates the difference in the pressure between the outside atmosphere and the vacuum level inside the intake manifold.
      Lex should chime in and explain it better and more accurate....
      BPT Power....Drop a gear and disappear.sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X