Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free floppy drive- 1998 flash back awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free floppy drive- 1998 flash back awesome!

I have like 12 and about 4 ribbon cables. I bought some old boxes to build a multimedia box and majour PRON storage.

I've never had a floppy drive go bad. So i'm not testing them. Maybe you have a retro build, maybe you still have boot disks. I haven't used a floppy in 10 years and don't plan to do so. Going in the garbage tuesday or wendsay.

Pay shipping, keep plastic/metal crap out of landfills.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

lol at zomg floppy
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

I was hoping to see a 5 1/4" floppy drive. i still have a **** ton of classic games on those floppies stored somewheres.... i bet the museum will like them in another 25 years lol
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Is the data life span on those actually that long?
        Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

so long as you don't put them to a magnet i don't see why not.
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

all my disks from back in the day lost their data

Comment

magnetic media looses integrity fairly quickly in terms of data storage
              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

damn!!! i might have stores of worthless media!

Comment

out of curiosity I dug through my old computer shi-. And my OG kings quest game on 3.5in floppy does.........not work. And I only installed it one time IIRC so I'm going to say that yes you have worthless plastic scrap in storage

also 1 drive down, 4 in the trash. 3 or 4 left. Get them while the getting is well getting if you get my get. Get it?
                  Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Working...
                  X