Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High demand BF parts

if you know of a WEBSITE that has hard to find parts leave a link

AS YOU KNOW THE MORE PEOPLE BUY ,THE PARTICULAR PART DEMAND GOES UP , THUS HAVING MORE OF THEM BEING MADE ...IN english ...

.IT MAKES PARTS MORE AVAILABLE !! heres mine

SPOILER with Lights

hah.. no.. with the bf... more parts get bought, fewer parts available.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
    1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
    1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
    1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
    1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

not entierly true

the more parts are bought . seeing that theres an interest in the part .it forces the manufacturer to fabricate more in order to accomodate the demand.....hence more parts

Comment

assuming there's enough of a demand to warrent producing those parts.. if you have 20 parts on a shelf and it takes them 3 or 4 years to clear your stock of them they aren't going to refab them... which is typical for a bf part as there's only 3 kinds of people that modify BF chassis cars... GTX owners, GT owners, and people that try to build those two cars out of the inferior counterparts... i'm not trying to say this wont happen... i'm just saying I know what the shelf life of a BF chassis part is like, and i know that aftermarket support isn't going to regain any life on a 20+ year old car.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

Hints why corksport quit selling BH **** awhile ago
          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
          |.....Overnight....................| ||
          |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
          |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
          "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
          Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

exactly... sadly, the BH chassis is not a popular one... i kinda like it... i've thought about searching for a 95 es 5speed many times for a new daily.

Comment

Can't agree more here. The main reason why anything is offered at all performance wise for the 323's is because of the Miata sharing the same motors.

Miatas have popularity within the road race and especially the AutoX community.
              When they make parts for them, we, luckily get them too.

Lets not forget that the 323 was never intended as a sports car. Sure they made a few HOT variants for rally duty, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to the number of RX-7s, Miatas, Evos, WRX's, Supras, and Honduhs made. Which is why the import market is currently focused on developing and selling parts to those crowds. More millions to be made.

For a laugh... Click on the "See more applications" button below the "fits" line.
              And you'll see what I mean. That spoiler is a universal fit POS that can be bolted to whatever surface you care to drill 4 holes into.

Comment

does any one make a fmic kit for the BF turbo chassis?
                1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

BF intercooler kits...Not to my knowledge.

I was going to suggest adapting a ebay one from RB performance before I looked at your Signature.

Comment

nope.. no fmic kits... corksport has a stock location upgrade... thats it.. other than that it's all custom work.

Comment

I want a BF really bad! but it has to be a GTX Sorry off topic, back to track!

Comment

you have to look at it like this. in a couple of years these cars will be like the dinosaurs xxxx.
                        this is why creative performances and many company's are hesitant to invest money and time developing new parts for bg or bf. funny considering the fastest fwd mazda4cyl is a bg. most performance companies are looking more at the new Mazda's on the market not these old chassis.
                        Last edited by 13thghost; 12-21-2008, 03:08 PM.
                        GOD INVENTED TURBO LAG TO GIVE THE V8 A CHANCE!!!!!
                        AND
                        THE DEVIL INVENTED THE ''ANTILAG'' TO SHOW THEM NO MERSEY!!!!

Comment

yeah exactly... the 89 year is now 20 years old... as most of them were actually manufactured in 88... which do you see more of driving around... mazda3's or bf chassis 323's?

Comment

Originally posted by TurboProto View Post
                            does any one make a fmic kit for the BF turbo chassis?

Comment

Shut up Larry, no one asked you. Was yours really a kit or more of a custom job?

Comment

Working...
                              X