safc neo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

safc neo

i have a safc neo that i just set up and was looking through the manual and on line for maps and what not. i seen a couple people talking about setting the flap to 7in and 7out. i dont understand what this actually means the book doesnt really clarify either. so im hoping someone can help me out here.
    92 pro

S-afc suck on mazda go megasquirt or another standalone system

Comment

that is kinda what i am coming out to find i called the apexi tech line cuase my rpms read all messed up above 3000 rpm. and he didnt reallyhelp at all. i think i knew more about the thing than he did and i only have had it for like 3 days. i asked him about the flap in and out number and he didnt even have an answer. so megasquirt maybe the way. i hope not though. i just bought the thing for like $350
      92 pro

Comment

You could have an MS for a little more than what you paid for the neo. You can probably use the SAFC, but it is very limited compared to a standalone. I have had an SAFC/II on my car and it worked. The RPM reading should be ok no matter what flapper type you choose. 7 and 7 sound about right from what I remember.

Comment

Yeah, I use a SAFC-II and it works great for me. But I am only looking for like 250whp max. If you search on the forum there are wiring guides, maps, and whatnot. What size injectors you running? You doing a turbo setup or anything? And there is a setup guide that comes with it.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
          Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

S-afc is backwords for mazda turning the fuel down is actually turning it up and turning it up is down
            mazda safc tip

Comment

Originally posted by jay1 View Post
              S-afc is backwords for mazda turning the fuel down is actually turning it up and turning it up is down
              mazda safc tip
              If you select the flapper type properly this is not the case. It wasn't for me. I made over 250whp safely using an SAFC and chipped GTX ECU but in any case, a standalone is the better way to go especially looking at the price of a neo.

Comment

i figured out alot by calling the apexi people. talked to a guy named june. i am going to go turbo ive got a t3/t4 with jgstools manifold. i bought red top 550cc injectors. got the walbro 255 fuel pump. installed the innovate motorsports wideband already. im trying to be finish with the turbo setup by the end of january. what kind of power u guys think im looking at. i have wiesco forged pistons 9:1-9.5:1 i plan on boosting 8psi at first then slowly going up. i am also putting on a fmic. so give me some guess on power numbers.
                92 pro

Comment

Originally posted by jay1 View Post
                  mazda safc tip
                  What have you been smoking??? It isn't that way at all... From my understanding and my tuning with it, with Mazda you just can't go above the 0%. So the only real adjustment is between -50% and 0%. Going above zero doesn't do anything.

But hey, does anyone know if you can change the settings from the intake sensor, as in have it set to a MAP sensor for in, and flap for out? I know the Emanage Ultimate can do it, but can the Neo??

Comment

my mx3 has a safc2 + map still cant tell if its tuned right because the idle is to high

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
                      my mx3 has a safc2 + map still cant tell if its tuned right because the idle is to high
                      Look for threads created by me and go back and read it through. It should give you an idea of how it "should" be tuned. Nothing is perfect but you can come close!

Comment

Working...
                      X