Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RallyX - Bend Or Jan 4th

Title says it. In the snow!

NFP event to see if ORG can get this site for future access. I plan on taking the civic down there! Woo! Be at the All Wheels Driven compound in Bend just off Highway 20.

http://www.oregonrally.com/rallycross.cfm
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Yeah... they've been talking about it for a couple years now... I'm glad theyre finally doing it it now that the GTX is down for the count.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
    1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
    1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
    1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
    1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

damn that sucks about your car dude.

I'd like to go, sounds like a blast.

But my gearbox is laying on the floor beside my car up on stands.

Comment

so, how'd it go?

Comment

WOW!!! this event was way rad. No snow.. but the course was amazing!!!! I'm VERY pleased with how the Honduh did. After some minor tallying I came in 2nd in class. Waiting for the final results to be posted, but that's all there is to go by right now. I really wanna compare times with other classes as I felt great about this. Got lots of comments after wards as people were saying... 'That thing isn't the 4wd!!!?' Few compliments. It was so fun and well worth the drive.

The g/f was riding along during all 5 runs. So no pics. But i'm searching around other forums tryin to find something, but this is it so far

Originally posted by shauna@NASIOC

Photo by :sti4life04@NASIOC
          That's me in the right corner!!!! Well, the car.. I'm out workin the course
          1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
          "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

yeah... i noticed the snow was all gone here by the time the rallyx was on.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

So.. Dustin of imediapdx.com got a vid up @ YouTube. It's cool! only the afternoon set though which was the 4wd cars.. So no civic action.. Heck. I just realized I was actually the only Honduh there. Also some pics.. they don't look so cool, I didn't kick up a lot, but people were saying we were possibly the fastest 2wd through that sweepers. Ya, I got sideways action

Oregon Rally Group, bend rallycross. Produced by Dustin Morgan of imediapdx.com

and this is what beat us un-officially

Sentra SE-R 2.5l

Some of the competition in class

Comment

oh.. in the vid, as the cars make the larg left turn, you'll see my g/f and i standing in the middle... so i guess we made the cut :D

Comment

Congrats on 2nd place
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

as long as you beat the sunfire I'm happy.

Comment

That silver EVO looks like it was runnin' thangs that day. He seemed to be faster than the black GC8. Which car was fastest of the day?

Exploding cones?!? Was it like SUPER cold?

That green wagon was fun to watch!

Comment

Results are finally up! Here's what it stands:

I got 2nd Place in FWD...
                        Compared all of 2wd together, i got 2nd place still
                        and just seein how I turned out against the awd cars.. I came out 9th of 33 cars!!!!

I'm so excited over this. Can't wait to see how the season pulls. Although.. lookin at it, the Sentra that beat me.. got the best time of the day aswell... So.. I'll have a tough time gettin a 1st in class I think. But hell, if i can still beat Evos... and sti's.. i'm good =D

Here's the top 10 Overall fastest times:

Mark Nissan Sentra FWD | 43.15
                        Vishnu Subaru OBS AWD | 44.24
                        Carl Subaru 2.5RS AWD | 44.6
                        Jason Subaru WRX AWD | 44.74
                        Andy Subaru Impreza AWD | 45.69
                        Ben Suzuki SX4 AWD | 45.74
                        Byron Subaru Impreza AWD | 45.75
                        Kyle Subaru WRX AWD | 45.75
                        Jason (me) Honda Wagovan FWD| 46.28
                        Ben Subaru Impreza AWD |46.66
                        Last edited by worldhazard; 01-14-2009, 11:21 PM. Reason: i'm 9th, not 6th

Comment

Working...
                        X