mx-3 water leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mx-3 water leak

anyone on here with a mx3 know where water gets in to get the back floor wet i need to fix this before it becomes a problem

i need to fix this before i por-15,prime,undercoat the floor and install the new carpet

what do you mean "back floor?

i know the floor under the back seat on mine was wet from a leak under the roof rail
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

the floor behind the front seats that's the only part that was wet

Comment

id pull the panel behind the seat and see if its dripping down the B pillar?
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

is there any other spots wet, headliner, carpet in the hatch etc. my friends was dripping from the sunroof due to the drain hoses running down the a pillar being full of pine needles. check the door seal for damage or not being seated right. o ther than that you could check by your ebrake or you have a hole somewhere underneath.

Comment

no just behind the front seats the car sits in the driveway so it don't get driven it would have to leaking only when it rains

Comment

check the seal around the top part of the door.
              a few of the clips broke on mine and it was loose, it wouldn't seal right and a little bit of water would seep in.
              -Turbo Mx-3

Comment

well i was going to order weatherstripping for both doors but it shows 2 for each door

i know 3 goes around the door but where is 4 located around the window?

Comment

well it rained this week and i ended up with some water right where the rear seat sits on the passengers side

Comment

#4 is right in the window track itself ... the glass slides up and down on it

Comment

i need to replace #3 on both door its missing some of the seal that sticks out side the door letting water pass it

i might replace them all just going to have to do them one door at a time im buying a new carpet and don't want it getting messed up from water

#3 is $67.52 each
                      #4 is $39.61 each
                      trunk seal is $98.22

Comment

this is the spot that water sits when it leaks in and when there is to much water it leaks down behind the passengers seat

anyone have a clue where the water could be coming in?

Comment

check you hatch seals

Comment

Yeah, looks like your hatch is leaking. Check the part right at the curve, that is where mine use to drip!

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                            Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Mine was a damaged roof rail and had water in the same spot but also the hinges for the hatch and the hatch seal can leak to and they all drip down the b pillar. Pull the interior and have someone run water on it while you check
                              -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Working...
                              X