Switching To Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching To Power

I know there's one or two guys on the board that have switched over to power accesories. I have an LX parts car so everything i need is there, but how hard is it?

I was also wondering how to take the dash out, because i have seen that the harness to the front doors goes up into the dash.

I have just about everything taken out of the doors, just need help on the wiring harnesses really. Thanks Alot

taking out a dash is a 6+ hour job and involves removing everything.... the harnesses run to another harness that is already in your dash. so dont bother remove it.

when i took the harnesses out of the doors is was about 1.5 hour per door. and the assembly will take almost 2 hours per door. you will need to pull your seats and install the waring that runs from the dash to the rear, for the back doors. also you will have to GUT and i mean

gutted. you will have to take the door right to the sheet metal. a tip before you start ripping into stuff, roll the windows down, remove the glass, then take apart the harness.
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

How do you remove the windows?
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

with your elbow or a crowbar ....

no, actually, you roll the window down on the front doors are there ar 2 10mm bolts that hold the widow to the actuator. on the rear you can remove the mechanical are by slidign it off the winow.
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Yeah I know how to remove everything, I just needed help on the wiring harnesses. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X