New Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Headlights

Spyder auto has made chrome and black projection headlights for are cars. If you dont want to do the civic conversion.

Did they ever get any in......I pm'd you on MX-3.com but didn't hear anything back. As of last week, I know they didn't get any in yet.

Shop 506-577-6708
    cell 506-381-3503
    email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

no a lot of info given and nothing on the site yet

Comment

I'm away weary about new stuff... how's the quality?
        Is it a cheap piece of plastic that melts when the headlights turned on?
        What kind of bulbs/lights are they using and are replacement parts easy to find?
        Do I need any blasts or something to convert?
        Are they brighter or just for looks?

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
        Member of MX-3.com
        1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
        1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Well they are out. So if you like them here they are!

Personally, I like my homemade ones over these cheesy looking ones.

Comment

Rice. Sorry if these are your lights(speaking to author of this thread) but these are not appealing in the least. Halos have been played out for how long? Also now those led dots are....ugh. I'll give you credit for taking the time to produce product but man that's outdated. Points in car shows that's about it.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

If I had them I would not hook up the gay halos. Infact i'd try to separate them and get the halos out. The led's i'd change to orange and use them as a city light or something
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
              |.....Overnight....................| ||
              |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
              |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
              "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
              Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

I think I will get them, with the HID option, and I will hook the Halo's and LEDs to run with the parking brakes... I mean, why not??? I personally don't like the look too much, but for HID... ahh I am in heaven!

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

I'm considering them, and hook up the halo's to run as my daytime running lights...

I just want better vision at night since my lens keeps turning yellow soon after I plastic polish it up. Not that a plastic polish works to help out the lights any better.

Member of MX-3.com

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

Comment

I am definitely getting a set. I am so tired of trying to see during night-time driving, especially in the rain, with the stock lights. I don't think they look too bad and the led's and halo's will work for us Canadian's that need DRL's and want HID's. The halo's can be drl's and the led's can be signal lights.

I think as long as they serve a purpose, they are not rice and we definitely needed new lights for the MX-3's.

Shop 506-577-6708
                    cell 506-381-3503
                    email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by mx3optidrive View Post
                      I am definitely getting a set. I am so tired of trying to see during night-time driving, especially in the rain, with the stock lights. I don't think they look too bad and the led's and halo's will work for us Canadian's that need DRL's and want HID's. The halo's can be drl's and the led's can be signal lights.

I think as long as they serve a purpose, they are not rice and we definitely needed new lights for the MX-3's.
                      Well said... and I like your idea for the LED turning lights.

Can someone post the group buy link when it gets authorized on MX-3.com?

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

im probably going to get a set, but i need to find a way to make them look closer to stock when off. Ill probably hook up the halos (with white LED's) as city lights and use the LED's on the side as turn signals or something similar.
                        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

i would probably rock a set of the black ones if i had an mx-3
                          ---prakash

Comment

I want to know the final pricing before I'd be in, but the black ones would look siick on my Black MX-3
                            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

getting a set from that groub buy i seen them on ebay for around 381 shipped with no hid's

Comment

Working...
                              X