True plug and play MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True plug and play MS

As I am sure many of you have come to the crossroads of what to choose for engine management, you have found that a standalone, although the best alternative, is a bit of a pain to put in the car.

The learning curve may be steep, and the WIRING is daunting to many. So far, for the FWD BG chassis, we've had two solutions:

1. Make a brand new harness from scatch
    2. Modify the stock harness to work with the MS

Option 1 is nice as it's brand new wiring and you don't get to touch your stock harness but at the same time you have to run this new harness, find pigtails, and finally it's not all that cheap.

Option 2 is cheaper but in the end you end up with no way of reverting back to stock if anything goes wrong

I was faced with these issues when building my own MS and I knew there had to be a better solution for a true PNP setup. So after some research, and getting to know the platform in and out, I am very proud to present a standalone option that will make SAFCs, GTX ECUs, and any other form of standalone a thing of the past for those looking for management.

The pictures below speak for themselves. You will no longer have to splice wires or run another harness. If you want to keep your VAF, this unit is as simple to install as plugging it in, running a vacuum hose, and turning the car on. Getting rid of the VAF (for any boosted application) means simply running the wires for an intake air temperature sensor into your engine bay.

If anyone was on the fence for a standalone on a FWD BG platform I think this can put many minds at ease. Reverting back to stock is as easy as unplugging the 2 or 3 ECU connectors.

Further, I plan on developing units that keep the stock ECU in the equation for idle control, AC, operation, and EVEN Automatic transmission control. The prototype in the picture has a 3 slot ECU connector where on manual cars only 2 are used and auto vehicles use all 3.

The pictures below are a first prototype and it will be another month or so before they are ready for sale - but I plan on offering kits with these units making the installation and setup a breeze. Of course the production units will look much cleaner with a longer boomslang harness and a proper cover on the DB37 connector.

I am very happy for this development of the MS system on our cars, let me know what you think.

Cheers,
    Alex
    Automotive Control Solutions
    Attached Files

Very nice.
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

I WILL be contacting you on one of these setups for my car. You already had me sold, now you are just teasing me! Good job Alex. I'm very impressed.
      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

i like (considering I was discussing doing the same thing with the one i want you to build for me )

can i has payment plan?
        and if you want a test dummy for N/A VAF cars.. dont use your daily give it to me
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Prices are yet undetermined but be sure that they are less than a brand new harness.

And payment plans can be worked out as well - I just need to finalize things on my end so like I said, it might take a bit of time especially with having to go back to work on Monday after the holidays

Comment

nice prototype
            Last edited by smoke187; 01-04-2009, 12:00 AM. Reason: hmm

Comment

come on tax returns !!!

Comment

Damn Alex, you outdo yourself every time you make something new. I'm impressed
                I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                |.....Overnight....................| ||
                |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

lex would this be done by the time i order my ms from you next month or after

Comment

Like I said on Imazda....very nice. I'm really wanting a ms now
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

That is exactly the way I have mine done. I'm using a 3rd Gen IAT sensor and it works great. The only issue I have with this setup is that the jumper harness isn't long enough to allow for enough freedom of mounting positions. The MS box doesn't fit where the stock ECU bolted down.

Comment

Originally posted by XelderX View Post
                        That is exactly the way I have mine done. I'm using a 3rd Gen IAT sensor and it works great. The only issue I have with this setup is that the jumper harness isn't long enough to allow for enough freedom of mounting positions. The MS box doesn't fit where the stock ECU bolted down.
                        Try it here. I'm assuming since your car is race prepped it does not have the vents that go to the floorboard. this is where I mounted my MS and it works great. And I think it would have pleanty of room for the stock harness to get to it
                        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                        |.....Overnight....................| ||
                        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

i like that mounting spot

Comment

I am hoping to be able to offer these in a month. XelderX how long is your boomslang? I am playing with that idea myself and don't know what is a good length - somewhere between 8-12 inches is what I imagine would suit most people.

Comment

where do most people mount the megasquirt

Comment

Working...
                              X