Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

May Long weekend Camping,ect...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Long weekend Camping,ect...

So this will be a new thing for everyone here, but its been a tradition of mine for the last 4 years... When I was appart of a few j-body car clubs we started getting together doing a yearly meet.. its been a great amount of fun.. There is a good group of core people who come out every year and we are always welcome to anyone who wants to come out.. I am extending the invite to anyone and everyone who wants to come out to do so.. Its a great time with a bunch of easy going car guys always lots of laughs..

on to the details.. my aunt is in charge of booking and such at the jewel bay resort on shuswap lake in sorrento.. I talked to her today and there isn't much booked yet...

The area's consists of different size cabins.. From a nice 3 bedroom beach front house, down to 1 bedroom cabins, there are a few different options for people who want to bunk together.. Depending on how people want to bunk in the cabins it looks like the average price would be around.. $30 - 50 a night... (this is a ruff estimate right now, it depends on how people want to bunk together and what cabins are rented) more info on a later date when I have an idea of how many people would like to attend and how people would like to bunk together....

For more information you can check out the web site for the resort here..

sounds like a great idea. me n the wife would be in for a meet an greet .ill check my work schedule. and get back to you..

Comment

sounds great man..

come on everyone.. in the past this meet has attracted people from as far as vacouver bc, to winnepeg manatoba.. granted in the past it started out a j-body meet things have divercified since then.. everyone is welcome to come out..

Comment

Hey Everyone My aunt came into town this weekend for a surprise visit... I have confirmed pricing on everything.. In talking to her all the prices for everything had actually gone up so what she is doing it giving us all the lowest old pricing that was availible...

The cabin details list as follows

One - 3 bedroom beach house
        -3 bedrooms with Queen size beds
        -2 pull out queen size hide-a-beds
        $200 a night for the full house

One 2 bedroom house
        -2 bedrooms with queen size beds
        -2 pull out queen size hide-a-beds
        $110 a night for the full house

Four 1 bedroom cedar beach cabins
        -1 bedroom with a queen size bed
        -1 queen size hide-a-bed
        $80 a night per cabin

Four 2 bedroom cabins
        -1 bedroom with a double bed
        -1 pull out hide-a-bed
        $95 a night per cabin

two condo style duplex cabins 1 bedroom
        -2 queen size pull out hide-a-beds
        $60 a night per cabin

Camping spots are availible for people who wish to tent.. There are a couple places for trailers if people want to go the route.

campings is $35 a night

remember the cabins come furnished with dishes for cooking and stuff.. You will need to bring the basics.. sheets for the beds or sleeping bags, pillows, towels, bath stuff ect... The beach house has a dish washer.. most of the cabins have patios with furniture for sitting out side.. the beach house and a couple of the other cabins also have fire pits just out side of them as well.. there is fire wood availble we will just have to chop it our selves..

She has the 4 1 bedroom cabins set aside for everyone who as requested one. I talk to her about the setting a side the beach house I figure it would be good for a bunch of us to bunk in and also sets up a nice central place to cook, hang out ect.. I figured Brad, Shane, Mike, My self and who ever else wants to can all bunk in the beach house..

If anyone has any other idea's let me know..

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
        Last edited by crazycanadian; 03-02-2009, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X