Eduardo's 99 Protege LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eduardo's 99 Protege LX

It's been a long time since I posted/visited this site but whatever!
    I'll start by the day I purchased my pro, on October 20, 2005. It was my first "big money" purchase and put a down payment for $3,000 and financed the other $4000, for the grand total of $7000, sans interest. but worth every penny since it rarely needs anything.

It was completely stock w 72k miles and needed little tlc.
    The first thing I changed was the stereo, since I didn't like the one it had, Blakpunkt or something like that if I recall.
    I got this Clarion w remote for $100 four years ago and it was on the beater Plymouth Sundace I have, now rotting in the back yard lol.

Another mod I needed/wanted lol was a CAI since the stock air box was falling apart and the rubber intake hose was developing a huge crack. I used some cheap APC stuf since the local Speed shops wanted $250 for a SHORT RAM INTAKE!

I had to make a reducer in the MAF adapter since the car didn't want to accelerate due to the increased air flow. It worked relatively well with the stock MAF, until it died. I replaced it with an Advanced Celica GTS Maf and the engine works superbly.
    Last edited by edumspeed; 01-11-2009, 01:49 PM.
    sigpic My cardomain

Other things I added were new speakers all around + two more 6 1/2"s on the rear doors.

As you can see, stealth install.
    But the rest of the stuff, not. I plan to re install everything on a board or rack, but haven't done anything yet

This is a 12" amplified sub, Ohmega if I recall was the brand.
    The voice amplifier is a 400 watt Boss 4 ch. I'll have to upgrade later since it was installed there for the first set up of just the 4 factory speakers, now I'm using 8.
    Last edited by edumspeed; 01-11-2009, 01:59 PM.
    sigpic My cardomain

Comment

I later traded my old sound set up for these 16" wheels. I later put new 195/40R16 Marshall rubber on them since they had four different sizes.

Sorry for the dirt, I didn't have time to wash it yet. I hope tomorrow I can do it. I painted the brakes red to make some contrast in an otherwise all dark area, not for rice purposes lol.
      sigpic My cardomain

Comment

I located the main fuse holder on the braket that was used for the factory air box.

New battery (it died in Nov, along with the starter a week later) and gold plated terminals.

My clear corners (cheapo ebay) I had to put these bec. I busted one of the Familia clear corners I had from Corksport, and I couldn't get an individual component. Auto parts stores around here are very crappy. They couldn't find it even with the part# I have in the original package!
        sigpic My cardomain

Comment

The car also received an ACT yellow pressure plate w a 50/50 clutch disk, also ACT, new SS braided clutch line from Corksport, new clutch pump and slave cylinders and a through wash & paint on the undercarriage on October/07. With that clutch, the car can chirp 2nd gear w the 16's. Haven't tried it w the 14" wheels since I only have one left w a blown tire. The others have been used by the family/friends and haven't returned them back. In other words, I've lost them for good.
          sigpic My cardomain

Comment

clean pro...i got the same radio lol
            323 log-http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44611

Comment

Thanks miK3Pro!
              It's been an excellent radio so far.
              sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Here's a pic:

It was washed yesterday, but it rained today.
                sigpic My cardomain

Comment

looks niceeee

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mr GoD View Post
                    looks niceeee
                    Thank you very much!
                    sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Car looks god. Just going to throw out some constructive critisism. Get the wheels powdercoated white. White on white looks sweet. When I bought my 1st 1g pro I had some white powder coated 17s on it(car was white) and it just looked so clean.
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Thank you. Some guy's have told me about white wheels, but I don't like how they look, plus that they'll turn into a grime magnet lol.
                        sigpic My cardomain

Comment

I'm thinking about replacing the head unit when I reinstall the sound system. It would be cool to add one with Bluetooth capabilities as well as an i pod port. Any good suggestion on a model/brand?
                          Last edited by edumspeed; 02-01-2009, 02:51 PM.
                          sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Today I changed the oil/filter, flushed the cooling system, cleaned the air filter and re-arranged the intake piping since some people have told me that if there's a bend before the MAF it gets incorrect readings, so I changed it's location. This is how it looks now sans filter:
                            sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Bad news

My car was hit by an idiot, while it was parked on my driveway! It was hit by one of the most gay vehicles there are, not a Yaris, but it's predecesor, an Echo The was going so fast that when the car in front of him made a panic stop, he turned the wheel to avoid it, but he braked while doing it and ended on the sidewalk taking along my poor car sliding it about a foot on the rear and pressed it against the fence.
                              The damaged areas are; busted right tail light, rear bumper cover, right quarter panel, left wheel well and my amplified sub woofer flew inside the trunk. Now to get an estimate for the insurance co.
                              sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Working...
                              X