Losing Oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing Oil?

Is anyone out there losing oil? I just did my normal routine as always this morning I dragged my ass out the bed scratched the important areas and went outside to check on my baby in the garage. I pop the hood to check the fluids and what to my blurred eyes clear to see? A half of one quart low!!! No way a dip it one more time and the same. What the hell is going on? My oil is change evey 2,500 to 3,000 miles with new filters and gaskets. Also I use Mobile One every time. Some one help!! My car has just turned 36,000 miles. I have checked again a week or so later and the same result even after adding the needed amount.
    HELP!!!!!!!
    White P5 lowered by ho weight ( so many hos I gotz a 2" drop) '01 Suzuki TL1000R (badly scratched)

look below the car at the turbo housing. is there oil on it? if so your turbo may be leaking oil. another place to check, remove the turbo to IC pipe and check the inside for oil. do you ever smell oil burning off? and is the car in neautral running when you do this or off with the enigne cold?

Comment

I do not have my hi boost kit yet so I have no turbo. but no the car does littler or no neutral running. But there is no burning smell at all. I typically check my oil when the motor is cold and after I get home from work.
      White P5 lowered by ho weight ( so many hos I gotz a 2" drop) '01 Suzuki TL1000R (badly scratched)

Comment

I read P5 but my brain thought MSP. I need to go take a nap. try checking the oil with the car running.

Comment

We have problem with Subarus doing that at work the turbos tend to use a good amount of oil when it is cold. My car is NA so that should have an effect I will continue to watch it for the next two weeks and if it does not stop I will take it back to MAzda

Comment

dunno about anyone else but my 2000 was taken back to the dealer at 35k to have the front seal replaced. get dirty climb under and check your front and rear seals just for the smell of it.
            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by GotBoost
              I read P5 but my brain thought MSP. I need to go take a nap. try checking the oil with the car running.
              You do need to go to sleep. Checking the oil with the car running is useless .
              Run the car for 10 minutes, shut it off, wait a couple for the oil to drain back and then check it.
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

thats what I meant. don't check it with the engine cold.

Comment

losing oil huh?

I have a 2000 protege sedan and I got the same problem. However I do have 120,000 miles on it, but it still runs like new. One day I noticed the oil light started poping on and off when braking so I checked it and WHOOA. I was 2 quarts low! So I filled it and noticed I had a small leak. I went to wal-mart and got some "Restore" and haven't lost a drop since. Not only that but I noticed a big improvement in driving.

Comment

I have found the problem it seems as though the plugs that I got from the dealer were gapped incorrectly it was causing my baby to burn oil under high rpms (noticed the black smoke after high rpm shift into third gear!) re-gapped the plugs haven't lost a drop yet had to clean rear bumper and muffler out burnt oil all over both. Thanks for the suggestions will be purchasing new iridium plugs soon!

Comment

stick with the coppers.
                      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Working...
                      X