<<<subwoofoer wiring help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<<<subwoofoer wiring help please

Hey guys, recently my uncle gave me an 8" audiovox tube subwoofer. The problem is that I know too much about the engine and performance related aspects of my pro, but nearly nothing about wiring for aftermarket sound systems. the Sub has 5 wires coming out of the amp that comes with the Sub. Just where exaclty do a put all of these wires? I have done wiring for Fog lights and LED's and I am familiar with power, but how do i get the Sub to work with the other speakers? I want music to deafen my young ears!
    1992 Mazda Protege DX Manual - 5/30/2006 R.I.P
    1992 Mazda Protege LX former Manual - 2/2/2010 Parts Donor
    1994 Mazda Protege LX Manual swap Daily Driver W.I.P.

the amp has 5 wires coming out of it? are they all the same size? what are the colors of the wires? are there any other inputs on the amp? are there RCA plugs on it? can you post a picture?

Comment

the five wires are probably 1+1 signal, 1+1+1 power&remote
      just my guess

do you have an aftermarket head unit?
      Last edited by Intruder; 01-06-2004, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
        the five wires are probably 1+1 signal, 1+1+1 power&remote
        just my guess

do you have an aftermarket head unit?

my only concern about that is if the 5 wires are for speaker level inputs, like an LOC, and their are screw terminals for the power wires and the remote turn on.

Comment

Guys, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The wires are red, orange, blue, green, and black. The sub is a 200 watt Audiovox Rampage BA-200. The best picture i could get is this tutorial on settingup a car speaker to a computer. Even though the sub is the same type, the wiring to the sub are different. http://www.omegacorner.com/old/oldtips.htm
          1992 Mazda Protege DX Manual - 5/30/2006 R.I.P
          1992 Mazda Protege LX former Manual - 2/2/2010 Parts Donor
          1994 Mazda Protege LX Manual swap Daily Driver W.I.P.

Comment

Working...
          X