Happy/Sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy/Sad

Happy: New autostart alarm installed. Install is very clean, over a mile range. It's a 2 way system with trunk/hood/doors/dual impact and backup battery alarm. Door actuators are going in sunday morning so I will have power locks.

Sad: I was given a undercar lighting kit for christmas. The instructions with it, however, suck. the swith has 3 wires (2 red, 1 black.) and an inline fuse on one red. The control box has 2 power wires ( 1 red 1 black) and an output plug to blug the lights into . I for the life of me cannot figure out what these instructions mean: "The power wire on the digital control box can be connected directly to the car battery or to any 12V power wire. The switch and fuse should be connected between the control box power sources. Do not use any wire that is under 18 gauges. If you need to lengthen the wire, make sure to insulate the connection with electrical tape to ensure a water-sealed connection"

any clue anyone?
    Visit My Garage

is the switch illuminated? If so, the extra red wire is probably for that.

Otherwise, it may need both a main 12v constant power anda 12v switched power (i.e. ign or acc)

Comment

okay I read it agian and again , tell em if this makes sense.....

red wire with inline fuse runs to teh power connection and to teh switch, from tehre teh switch red and black match up with teh control box red and black. am I correct in assumin i don't need a full round circuit ? since there is now cut in teh before connection just a simple diversion of power to teh switch, which tehn distributes it to the box? do i need two connections to teh power?
      Visit My Garage

Comment

sure that makes sense, except for the ground (black wires) i do believe they both get grounded to the chassis. As you don't have a chassis ground yet. They can get connected together and grounded at the same point if they are close to each other, other wise ground them as close to they're mounting locations.

red fused wire goes to switch AND 12v car power

red wire goes from switch to control box

black wire from switch and black wire from control box both go to chassis ground.

Comment

okay just makign sure there is no way it's ina circuit liek i discribed? I'll try adn re wirte it this week sometime.

Oh adn In a few weeks I'll review the Autostart alarm for you.
          Visit My Garage

Comment

Working...
          X