TB size Q?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TB size Q?

LIke most cars, is the TB for the auto larger than the 5spd on our cars?

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
    1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
    Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

TB?
    98 Protege SE
    -------------------
    1.5L Turbo

Comment

Throttle Body

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
      1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
      Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

aaahhhh.
        98 Protege SE
        -------------------
        1.5L Turbo

Comment

they may be the same size.
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
            they may be the same size.
            I know the MAY be the same size...lol....wanted to know for sure.
            generally, automatic TB's have a larger core diameter as they need to 'inhale' more air than a 5 spd due to the lower RPM gear shifts.
            I figure i can get a used automatic TB for cheaper than I can get mine bored out...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
            1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

Originally posted by K Dawg ONE
              I know the MAY be the same size...lol....wanted to know for sure.
              generally, automatic TB's have a larger core diameter as they need to 'inhale' more air than a 5 spd due to the lower RPM gear shifts.
              I figure i can get a used automatic TB for cheaper than I can get mine bored out...
              Apparently the stock TB is good enough to flow ~200HP.
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                Apparently the stock TB is good enough to flow ~200HP.
                But a bored TB (on most cars anyways) is usually good for an additional 5-8hp!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

I wish we could get our hands on a Full Intake Manifolds. LIke some other cars can. I would buy one if the price was right. I really don't mind my throtle body. I think it is pretty large.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                    I really don't mind my throtle body. I think it is pretty large.
                    But, if it netted you an additional 5-8hp, wouldnt you swap in the auto? I didnt mean flow an additional 5-8hp, i mean a 5-8 gain!
                    I mean, I can get the TB bored for next to nothing, but, less of a hassle if the auto's TB is already larger than the stick...
                    Any online sources so I can x-reference the part numbers?

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                    1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

Originally posted by K Dawg ONE
                      But, if it netted you an additional 5-8hp, wouldnt you swap in the auto? I didnt mean flow an additional 5-8hp, i mean a 5-8 gain!
                      I mean, I can get the TB bored for next to nothing, but, less of a hassle if the auto's TB is already larger than the stick...
                      Any online sources so I can x-reference the part numbers?
                      Why don't you just go to the junkyard and pick one up and then measure it and compare it to yours.
                      Figureing if it costs you only 15 to 20 bucks..
                      On this one you may have to do your own research..
                      Imagine if the whole intake manifold was different.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                      X