poly-bushings.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

poly-bushings.....

well guys.. i need help.. darryl you've got the most experience of us all here so far ....

#1. I went to the dealership and asked about getting "stock bushings pressed in....They proceeded to tell me that they didn't/would do it.. that they just replaced the whole front LCA's if bushings were shot since replacing them with new pressed ones had a shorter life span(WTF) sounds like some BS to me. or sounds like they do a bad job of pressing them.

#2. they reccommended me to some sort of alignment shop for pressing my bushings.

#3. im trying to figure out how much I should be looking at for cost wise for having my bushings pressed in.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

#1 the more i go to the dealer, and the more i hear, all they know how to do is change ****ing parts until the problem goes away...they don't diagnose problems, they don't troubleshoot...they crap shoot as to how many parts they'll have to change until it's running good again...i have only met a select few dealer mechanics that actually do mechanic work...they aren't just mechanical parts changers.

#2 The alignment shop probably just happens to be the only one they know that has a press. Can also try machine shops.

#3 ~$50

Comment

darryl is the man
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

WEll darryl... once again you've helped me out in a bind.. thanks again...

P.S. last night i had a dream somebody stole my lower tie bars.... it was a horrible mess without them. (just thought that would be funny to add)
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
          WEll darryl... once again you've helped me out in a bind.. thanks again...

P.S. last night i had a dream somebody stole my lower tie bars.... it was a horrible mess without them. (just thought that would be funny to add)
          No problem man, happy to help out.

Comment

need your help again darryl.... my retarded brother threw out the boxes for the bushings.... im real lost as to which bushings go to where i mean i got the basics of the endlinks and the swaybar bushings... but the LCA's and the trailing arms got me running in loops here.... the only thing i have to go on rihgt now is the little numbers on the bushings...

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Comment

check the Bushing review thread. but just to reiterate

Top left = LCA
              Top right = Rear Trailing Links

Bottom left = Steering rack (does not fit)
              Bottom right = endlinks & sway bars

Comment

Working...
              X