Just a thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a thought

I am thinking of redoing some things in my current set up. Here are the possibilities.

1) Add a 2nd JBL BP600.1 (600 watt mono amp) to the subs so that I have more power to my EDesign subs (although I would have to turn gains down).
    Place SoundStream Class A6.0 on the midbass for more power to the 6 1/2 driver while keeping the Class A3.0 on the Boston Acoustics Pro 5.4's in the kicks

Other ideas:

2) Add a 2nd JBL BP600.1 like above
    Place SoundStream Class A6.0 on both midbass and 5 1/4" speakers (however, I would have to crossover them higher than what they are crossed over now do to the size driver)

3) Add a 2nd JBL BP600.1 like above
    Get new separates in the kicks which handle more power than the BA speakers and use the 6.0 amp on them and the midbass as well.

Other things I would have to do is replace 4 gauge power and grounds with 2 gauge and get a new inline fuse and fuse holder (wafer kind do to amperage). A concern is that lights will dim worse than with the current set up. Should I bother? Would it make a considerable amount of difference for the amount of money sunk in on this project?
    I will eventually need a new head unit too. So cost is a factor. So many possiblilities!
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

tell me something, after you get passed the basic 3 pre-out headunit for front, rear and sub.. how do you get an extra channel for fronts if you were to do kicks.. LOC's or splitters? but more towards what you're looking at, more is always better. what's going on with your rears? at anyrate, i'm not thinking wattage, i'm thinking whats taxable on a 65 amp or whatever alternator.. i'd go for option 2 and dish the A3.0 and just let the A6.0 run your kicks and mid-bass drivers. sorry if i'm not much help.
    peace

Comment

do you need to get that much louder from the subs? just for ****s and giggles, try hooking the jbl amp to one sub, and the 6.0 to the other, and see if it's really worth adding more power to the subs

Comment

Originally posted by demoninvictus
        tell me something, after you get passed the basic 3 pre-out headunit for front, rear and sub.. how do you get an extra channel for fronts if you were to do kicks.. LOC's or splitters? but more towards what you're looking at, more is always better. what's going on with your rears? at anyrate, i'm not thinking wattage, i'm thinking whats taxable on a 65 amp or whatever alternator.. i'd go for option 2 and dish the A3.0 and just let the A6.0 run your kicks and mid-bass drivers. sorry if i'm not much help.
        peace
        I just have one set of preouts going to a 2 channel amp which pushes both the speakers in the kicks and midbass in the doors. I don't have any rear speakers. If I was to use three amps total, I guess I would have to go with using one of the preouts on the HU or a splitter off the xover.

Blue do you think it would be worth while going with two amps to increase the subs' output?
        2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
        KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
        Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
        Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
          Blue do you think it would be worth while going with two amps to increase the subs' output?

i don't really think it'll be worth it. 600 watts going to each sub is definitely over kill. it'll reduce the life of the subs, not to mention really tax your charging system and i doubt you'd get that big of an increase. are your subs the dual 4 ohm models? we could hook them to my amp, so they'll get 1100 watts to them, and see if it's that big a difference. we can even meter it, since i have my SPL meter up here

Comment

Working...
          X