Which Would You Prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Would You Prefer?

Alright in the process of redoing the system so I am getting a new headunit. Now I have it narrowed down to two choices. What I want to know is which one you would get. Based on quality and all that good stuff. They both come out to be the same price as well.
    Alpine CDA-9815
    80.00%
    Pioneer DEH-P8500MP
    20.00%
    Last edited by McCorkle; 01-06-2004, 05:53 PM.

Pioneer

Alpine

Comment

The Pioneer looks SWEET, but I voted for the Alpine 9815 cuz that's what I got. That's my 3rd Alpine HU and I've never had a problem. What I find useful in the 9815 are the built in crossover and EQ... (my 9807 didn't have them). And I don't know about the Pioneer but my HU has XM radio support. I've been thinking of getting an XM receiver for a while...

Comment

Yeah I too want XM radio, but I never liked the look of the Delphi units. Is the sound quality excellent in the 9815? Because that is very important to me. And also are you running subs with it? Because I was wondering how well the unit would allow you to tune in the sound of the subs.

Comment

I love my pioneer, great tuning to the subs, and that is my choice. Not the best AM reception, but I never listen to that so it doesn't matter. And now that I am in FL I don't listen to any radio b/c all the stations are terrible.....
          2000 DX, Blue
          Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
          2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

proto: with the alpine you dont need the delphi thing. you buy a lil box that sits under your seat which is the brain and it plugs into the AI-net cable input on the back of the HU and then you choose XM as your source and the HU controls everything.

the delphi thing is for like a universal app.

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
              proto: with the alpine you dont need the delphi thing. you buy a lil box that sits under your seat which is the brain and it plugs into the AI-net cable input on the back of the HU and then you choose XM as your source and the HU controls everything.

the delphi thing is for like a universal app.
              Yeah I know, that is why I made sure the future hu would be compatible. That is why I never hooked up the Delphi unit in my car, because it was bulky.

Comment

oh ok, just the way you worded it a few posts earlier made me think that you were gonna get the pioneer cuz you wouldnt have to have the delphi thing.... so i was tellin you wouldnt with the alpine either.... my bad though.. weeeee

isnt pioneer sirious? or is that just kenwood/jenson

Comment

Yeah Kenwood/Jensen also Clarion.

Comment

Well I ordered the Alpine CDA-9815 today. Got it from ebay for $365 shipped, not too bad of a deal. It should be here in about a week or so, but I am not going to install it for awhile. I am just going to wait til I get the rest of the system setup that way I can run it to the Optima battery that is going to be placed in the trunk.

Comment

good choice on the alpine, though the pioneer wouldnt have been bad either. Though, depending on how long you are going to wait to install . . . you might as well have not bought it until then, cause you may have been able to save a few bucks by doing so.
                      Tag Team

Comment

Well it will probably be about a month or two. Not too long. I am just trying to piece it together gradually so it isn't such a big hit to the wallet at once.

Comment

you wont be disappointed I promise you that.... after you figure out all the bells and whistles of course

Comment

Well I look forward to it. I am one of those people that loves to see what each feature can do. I remember back when I got my JVC Digifine unit I spent about an hour and a half in the garage fine tuning every little aspect of the sound.

Comment

lol im just like u proto, even with my humble kenwood. And even though i've had mine for a while now, i still tinker with it at least once every few days.
                              Tag Team

Comment

Working...
                              X