So I gave in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I gave in...

Im hitting my first rallyX in the next week. Every autoX I go to I just keep hearing "Rally it, Rally it" so im going to give it a shot. I used to mess around on an old abandon dirt track when I drive a subie legay GT so I know a little about how to do it.

My question for the rally guys is, How hard is rally cross going to be on my car? Im guessing its not like a rally stage..but is it still going to hurt it?

its going to hurt it, if you do it right it will anyway...
    2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
    1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

u have better odds of braking stuff doing RallyX... i highly suggest going to Home Depot or Lowes and getting a good size steel panel. and bolting it to the undercarriage of the engine/trans. and if u can afford it, put another in the rear under the dif's. this is to help protect your underside from flying debris. You'll def have a freaking blast.
      1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
      Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
      "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

while your at it, cut in some louvers in the steel sheets no more than an inch wide for cooling and fluid drainage (hey, it happens)

i'd recommend 3/4" slits as if u have enough spaced out well enough it gives good airflow and they're not big enough to allow the big baddies through to damage the car itself
        1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
        "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

rallyx on a ATX is going to be pretty hard on it
          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
          |.....Overnight....................| ||
          |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
          |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
          "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
          Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

The first run shouldn't be too bad, it's the later runs with the ruts that might hurt. This may be an incentive to take, um, original lines through the corners.
            '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
            '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

ew. i didnt realize u had an atx. id say be careful, but thats easier said than done

Comment

Yeah this is making me more ifee about doing it.. I mean I would love to, i might just stick to my autox :/. I just cant afford to break things..

Comment

Don't you have like the cleanest 4wd on these forums? Please buy a beater 4wd or better yet buy almighty4wd's 4wd. It's rally preped
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                    Don't you have like the cleanest 4wd on these forums? Please buy a beater 4wd or better yet buy almighty4wd's 4wd. It's rally preped
                    Yeah I have backed out already.. Im still going to go and watch..maybe catch a ride.. I would say one of..there is a guy "Clean 4wd". His looks nice, although I wonder if it is the orginal paint or a respary. Yeah I would like to buy his car..its just im in north carolina..that would be quite some ride/time to get it here. I did fine wrecked(but still running) GTX with a big turbo setup not far from me. If I get that I might either rally with it, or just swap the big turbo B6 into my car and keep on autoX.

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard View Post
                      ew. i didnt realize u had an atx. id say be careful, but thats easier said than done
                      What do you mean atx? is that for autoX?

Comment

autoslushmatic. You know you want my car so you can rallx without fear
                        No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

haha my car is no automatic..how could I have such a nice heel toe on an auto . did the 4wd even come auto? From what I can tell the never did..

Yeah I would like your car..its just the distance...
                          Last edited by Shag; 01-26-2009, 01:34 AM.

Comment

OH! well **** son.. if i were you, id get stock suspension springs on there (if not already), bolt some steel sheets to the bottom and go have some fun. if you don't wanna keep your car in super sexii shape that is.

I'd peronsally get a gtx (bf) if i were you to go play with in the dirt than. sounds like it could be a good idea

Yes, 4wd did come ATX (automatic transmission) i've actually seen more atx's than mtx's.

either way, go have a lil bit of fun. at least once in it. you'll keep coming back. even if it's a different car

Comment

Yeah.. I dont know.. I really dont want to mess it up. I think like you said im just going to look for a beat GTX. Or anything beat to rally in

Comment

Working...
                              X