New Audiobahn Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Audiobahn Amp

My amp came in today. I'm not going to hook it up until I get the rest of the system. It is the Audiobahn A8002T model. Nothing real special but it will do the job. I am going to order another one and run them bridged to the subs. That will give me 800w max to each sub. I just fell in love with the chrome finish, check out the reflection.

sexay

Comment

Now I have to find a nice place to mount the amps. Amps that good looking need to be on display.

Comment

hmmmm

*thinking cap goes on*

only prob is you said the other night you didnt have time to build a box so iono about a whole trunk install .... man why the **** cant I live near people like you....noooo i have to live in the middle of friggin nowhere, where people drive big trucks and dont give a **** about what it looks like.... except for the walmart guys in their lexus' and bimmers and benz's

Comment

Well once I get some measurements for a box I decide on, then I will make a template of sorts. What will probably end up happening is I will set the amps horizontal around the wheel well area. Maybe angle them slightly. And just make some holes in the carpet to run the wire through.

Comment

be sure to mount the amps so the *air scoop* forces air in while you drive down the road

Comment

Sweet looking amp.
              first trip to Canada with the CRX Owners group their was a guy who ran an audio shop up there who had his CRX set up with all AudioBahn shtuff and it sounded really good. Even then, like 4 years ago? AudioBahn was all about the bling with chrome spiders casings and amps. I, unfortunately, could not own one of these for the same reason I have been told to not buy chrome rims.. I am addicted to polishing and this would just drive me crazy to keep nice and shiny. Just salavating looking at it.. the white gloves they come with should be a good warning of things to come? before you pop the trunk remind your buddies to look, but not touch... the blue lighting they disperse is pretty eerie too.
              Congrats and get us some pictures once installed.
              Last edited by DeanSweetP5; 01-07-2004, 11:00 AM.
              'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
              -Dean
              2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
              18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
              Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
              MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
              Injen CAI - Polished
              Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
              DaveB trim rings
              Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
              Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
              Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
              Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
              Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
              Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
              Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
              Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Yeah I already got alot of fingerprints on the amp when it was removed. Can't wait to get the other one in now.

Comment

Well I just ordered the second one. It could be here as early as the end of the week since they shipped the last one so quickly. Now all that is left for the system is subs and a box.

Comment

Got the second amp in today. The blue amp is going to power my Polk components.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz

be sure to mount the amps so the *air scoop* forces air in while you drive down the road

Mount them on the roof or under the hood for the "Ram Air" affect

They are nice looking amps. How does it sound?
                      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                      Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
                        Mount them on the roof or under the hood for the "Ram Air" affect

They are nice looking amps. How does it sound?
                        I haven't hooked them up yet. I need to get some wiring now. The Alpine Type R's and the Obcon box came in today.

Comment

Working...
                        X