Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

"Mazda Team" Road Rally/Cannon Ball Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Mazda Team" Road Rally/Cannon Ball Race

Alright Guys and Gals,

Please keep this thread all business!

Destination:
    Midwest Mazda Fest

Dates: April 17th - 19th

Link to *PAID* Registered Attendees:
    http://www.indyrx8club.com/attendmazdafest.htm

Please make sure to register for this event!

List of Particpants thus far:

1. Justin (TheDoc) + 1 - True Red Mazdaspeed3
    2. Joel (Fenrir) +1 - Black Mica Mazdaspeed3
    3. Anna (Anna-chan) + 1 - Crystal White Pearl Mazdaspeed3
    4. Aric (Aricjm15) + 1 - Metallic Black Mazdaspeed Miata

Only post a response to this if you are in no doubt participating in this event. If you have questions please PM me and I will keep everyone else updated also to any changes.

***If you would like to attend the fest but are not looking to participate in the race please let me know anyway. I am already looking at hotels in the local area and if we have enough rooms to reserve we should be able to get a discounted rate. ***

We will need volunteers to be "judges" to turn proposed routes to.

Race Rules:

Originally Posted by Captain KRM P5

The old timers of the Illinois section know what this is all about. It has been 790 days since (and yes I looked up the last thread) this kind of event was last discussed here. The first two were a blast and I think the idea is well worth revisiting.

A little background for the newbs - teams of two or three take one car and take off for a destination picked in advance. The team that arrives the fastest within the rules wins the challenge. The rules are where the contest gets interesting.

Rule #1) Contestants are not allowed to break the law. In the past there was a 'gentlemens agreement' to not go more than 10mph over the posted limit. Obviously, there is no way to enforce this. So that said, any sort of traffic citation, ticket or accident will disqualify that contestant from winning the challenge.

Rule #2) Contestant's routes may include no more than 15 miles of interstate highway. Routes must consist almost entirely of back roads. This forces the contest to be one of intellect, skill and luck rather than sheer speed. Route plans would ideally be submitted for approval to the rally organizers prior to beginning the race.

Rule #3) The rule everyone has always loved. The competing vehicle must be a Mazda. If do not have one, one will .... uh .... be provided for you?

The first destination we had was Jefferson City, MO. The second time we went to Mall of America, MN. I am open to ideas and potential destinations from anyone. I'd like to plan this for early spring, perhaps a spring break weekend. Let me know what you all think!

This is so cool! i would love to do something like this here!
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...hp?t=123732887

Destination:
      Midwest Mazda Fest

Dates: April 17th - 19th

Link to *PAID* Registered Attendees:
      http://www.indyrx8club.com/attendmazdafest.htm

Comment

Working...
      X