DDM tuning (apexcone) HID kit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DDM tuning (apexcone) HID kit!

I apologize in advance for the lack of pictures, I did take a couple of the package and installation. My camera isn't working too well and I can't find the f*cking usb cable to plug in my phone!!
    After a wait that seemed like forever, I finally received my HID kit from DDM tuning. One of the bulb cases was broken, which wasn't their fault, so not a big deal. I ordered a 35w 8000k single beam kit.
    Here's the main issue that I had: The 9004 harness adapter is wired directly near the bulb's wiring, which is held together from a weather-proof rubber piece. This is an issue because when you go to hook in the securing clip (circle thing), the wires will get in the way. I had it and remove the wires from the rubber piece so that I could separate the wiring harness adapter from the bulb assembly.
    Secondly, there is a little clear rubber spacer that is on the back of the headlight. It's not securely fastened. You can't secure the bulb into the headlight housing if you have this on, so I removed it. I couldn't even use the weather-proof rubber piece because it would make it so you couldn't fit the securing ring in place.

I've got some adjusting to do with the headlights, and I'll take a wall picture to show beam patterns. Overall, the brightness is definitely more noticeable over the silverstars and stock bulbs. I drove around in the daylight and I could still see the lights a little bit.

They might have sent me a 6000k kit instead of an 8000k kit, which wouldn't be a big deal except that I wanted them to be pretty blue. These are bright white. They extend really far and they light up the road extremely well, even in my usdm headlights. This kit is great value, the ballasts are a tad big, and it's a little hard to find a place to mount them in our engine bay. They include zip ties and two strong pieces of double sided tape. (plus two apexcone decals) This kit is awesome! I'm happy with the newfound brightness. I was getting really tired of the dull white light.
    protege is sold, selling the last bits that I have left. Buy them.

$10 more you could have had the slim ballasts worth it i think

Comment

probably. I've heard good things about the raptor brand HID too, but the site always says that orders for them are backed up. The color is just white, i can't really see any hint of blue. They wanted me to send back the kit, but it's already spliced and everything. I would rather have a discount on another kit or something.

Comment

Pics or GTFO.....jk how much did you spend on the kit? Is there a big difference even with USDM headlights?
        323 log-http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44611

Comment

I'm sorry about the pics, I can't find the cord to connect pretty much anything to my computer. I payed a total of 68 bucks. I am really impressed with how much light these give out, even with USDM headlights. Then again I did keep my headlights in great condition, they are pretty clear. It's about twice the output of hi-beams, but they aren't angled up.

Comment

Finally, some pics!

warmed up

not warmed up

problem at first...

stock light output sucks.

Comment

forgive my n00biness, but how hot do HID's get over extended periods of time?

Comment

Pics of you pointed against a wall please.
                Drew
                '95 EGT 1.8
                T
                '93 ELX 1.9 SC
                '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

i tried to get some, but my camera is busted and I lost the cord to my phone for a long time. I'm taking more pics, i'll get one against a garage.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
                    forgive my n00biness, but how hot do HID's get over extended periods of time?
                    Less than halogens.

Comment

my bulbs don't warm up the housings at all. Even with a 55w you might not be able to see a difference. I took a video of them on the road, but it's noisy.

Comment

Working...
                      X