fender bender - need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fender bender - need help

ok heres my dilemma - on the way back from a snowboarding trip (i live in MI), i slid into the back of a suburban waiting to turn @ about 5 mph. Royally messed up the front end - i need a new right headlight, front fascia, grille, hood, fender, radiator, and coolant fan. My question to anyone on here is where can i find a place online for new OEM spec mazda body panels, and where can i find aftermarket parts that might be an alternative. im still debating if i might be able to fix it or not, ive fixed a front end before, but this one is still up in the air. Good news is that the suburban had NO DAMAGE - how come im not so lucky!!!!

2003 Sunlight Silver ES 5 Speed
    www.cardomain.com/id/bigwoo23

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

you can try www.mazdaformance.com
    next best bet to the dealer.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

If your looking for alternative aftermarkte parts then try www.wingswest.com I think they make a body kit for that year protege.

Comment

you can also try http://www.mazdapartspro.com/cgi-bin/parts/

Comment

well i went to the dealer today - 3200 in damage. but i did opt for the MP3 front end, but now am looking for a reasonably priced set of mp3 fog lights. The dealer wants 300 for the set, but im sure i can find them cheaper. any ideas let me know. i have pics of the damage if anyone is interested

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

Comment

For the fog lights many people who have done the MP3 conversion went with PIAA lights. They make some that supposedly fit perfect. I don't know the part number but I'm sure a search could find it.

Lets see the pics
            02 Protege ES

Comment

hey BigWoo, what part of Michigan are you from? What ski hill were you coming home from? We go to Caberfae a few times a season, we just got back from there this past weekend. Spent new years up there.
              Sorry to hear about your car.. $3200... ouch.
              'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
              -Dean
              2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
              18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
              Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
              MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
              Injen CAI - Polished
              Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
              DaveB trim rings
              Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
              Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
              Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
              Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
              Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
              Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
              Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
              Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

i live downriver, near trenton. I was coming home from Mt. Holly and it all happened in their parking lot. thanks for the sympathy, im sure you know how bad the roads and driving are up here so you can understand where im coming from. Also, any idea on price of the PIAA fog lights and part #, i couldnt seem to find any doing a search.

ill post pics on the cardomain site and then link them to here in a few hours

Comment

I'm still amazed that this all happened at 5 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by bigwoo23
                    I'm still amazed that this all happened at 5 mph.
                    That's insane at only 5 mph unbelievable what the hell was the suburban made out of.

Comment

This thread should help you out with the foglights. http://www.protege5.com/vbb230/showt...piaa+foglights

Originally posted by Subghetto
                      That's insane at only 5 mph unbelievable what the hell was the suburban made out of.
                      Suburbans are not vehicles you want to hit. I rearended one a couple years ago with my ford ranger and it did $8000 in damage. The suburban had a broken tail light, little bit of scratched paint, and the bumper bent a little.
                      Last edited by Dermen; 01-09-2004, 12:37 AM.
                      02 Protege ES

Comment

Originally posted by Subghetto
                        It's a tank with a stereo system.

Comment

yes it is, final total on the suburban was 85 bucks in damage- the step on the rear bumper and the left license plate light are being replaced, and im here with a new ****ing front end - isnt life fair

Comment

Working...
                          X