bp motor w/ NOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bp motor w/ NOS?

turbo this. turbo that !Is there anyone in here thats shooting NOS on their first gen bp motor?

im planning on buying a single fogger wetsystem 60 shot NOS but i want to know how it is first before i get it.

Please dont post here and tell me to get turbo cuz i aint getting one. THX. PEACE !

boostedpro?
    Tag Team

Comment

Originally posted by JProtege
      boostedpro?
      NO! He has the GTR engine. Hence the name BOOSTEDpro
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Both of you are right. I am looking into a nitrous setup for the GTR. I'm tryin to get something small to help out on my off the line power (as if the car doesn't have enough already.)
        1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
        MODS:
        GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
        TO DO LIST:
        EDM/JDM rear bumper
        EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
        Repaint car

Comment

Oi! I must have missed that!
          Hmmmm, sounds fun.
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

told you! i mean, im crazy, but im right . . . sometimes :-P
            Tag Team

Comment

I am planning to use a 100 progressive shot on the BP in the 323 , when I get it all set up and done.
              It should be wild

Bruce
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                I am planning to use a 100 progressive shot on the BP in the 323 , when I get it all set up and done.
                It should be wild

Bruce
                hey bruce did u do anything on ur bp motor for the 323? ie. port n polish head? n stuff...

Comment

i dont think u should hvae problem with 60 shot if you use wet system and jet it right.i would also recoment biger fuel pump.engine will hold the twith no problem.i have bp-t and t3 turbo runing 18psi and im using 80 shot on top of thet with no problem so far.
                  Last edited by TURBO1G; 01-08-2004, 10:44 PM.
                  http://hometown.aol.com/d2maz/index.html
                  )
                  91 PROTEGE 4WD BPT RUNNING WOW TRACTION WITH 1.5 BAR(sold)
                  97 ECLIPSE GST SPYDER (K&N ,BCS MOD, GREDDY FMIC) new toy(sold)
                  99 PASSAT GLX V6 (OEM E spec navi, wife's car)
                  2006 JETTA TDI DSG 50 mpg(sold)
                  2006 EVO GSR
                  FIXING VW's for past 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedPro
                    Both of you are right. I am looking into a nitrous setup for the GTR. I'm tryin to get something small to help out on my off the line power (as if the car doesn't have enough already.)
                    NOS cant really help the off the line power. You cant really use the spray until you hit 2nd or 3rd. Even when using it, you cant use it at higher rpms without it getting dangerous for the car. I wouldnt use it in 1st gear at all.

just my 2 cents

I would love to see what a GTR could do on spray though, I would imagine that it would be fine seeings how it has those thick stock rods.
                    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
                      hey bruce did u do anything on ur bp motor for the 323? ie. port n polish head? n stuff...
                      yeah ! .. I ported the intake and exhaust of the head (not a lot, but enough). I may get a 3 angle done on it ,, if they will put the valves back in.
                      I am getting miata pistons for the block (9.5:1) I don't know if I will overbore it though ... I may by .25mm or so .. depends on the pistons.

I am gonna seperate and clean out the Manifold ... and that should be about it.
                      hmmm I should put on a 2nd gen manifold though.. (I am thinking about that).
                      Bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

what are the benefits of a 2nd gen manifold?

Comment

In my opinion ur better off keeping the 1st gen intake manifold just cuz of the dual stage intake system or VICS which is good in higher rpm but then again it wouldn't hurt to try things out and see how it works. let me know how it goes. peace!

Comment

did VICS get cut out of 2nd gens? If so, why, I mean I thought it provided a better power curve.

Comment

No, the 2nd gen has VICS also in the 1.8's .
                              Someone on the board did it, I don't remeber who.
                              He did a dyno before and after and found gains over the 1st gen manifold.
                              I will look for the link ..
                              Bruce

edit: here you go ... this is the link, 2nd gen VICS manifold
                              Last edited by bruce95fmla; 01-23-2004, 07:07 PM.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                              X